He is arguably the best actor on the ATP Tour with his spot-on impersonations. Now world’s No. 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic is set to make his professional acting debut with a cameo in The Expendables 2. Djokovic has already arrived in Bulgaria, where the sequel is filming. The tennis champion will play himself in the movie after getting an invitation from producer Avi Lerner. Djokovic, who won three of the four tennis Grand Slams this year during one of the best tennis seasons on record, is as well known for showmanship as he is for his tennis skills. Earlier this year, he filmed a parody of tennis player Maria Sharapova’s Head commercial, prompting the tennis equipment manufacturer to make a new commercial featuring both Djokovic as the Russian beauty and Sharapova herself. Below is a clip from the 2007 U.S. Open, where Djokovic was asked to do a couple of impersonations of fellow tennis players.
Tennis Ace Novak Djokovic To Do Cameo In 'Expendables 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona