He is arguably the best actor on the ATP Tour with his spot-on impersonations. Now world’s No. 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic is set to make his professional acting debut with a cameo in The Expendables 2. Djokovic has already arrived in Bulgaria, where the sequel is filming. The tennis champion will play himself in the movie after getting an invitation from producer Avi Lerner. Djokovic, who won three of the four tennis Grand Slams this year during one of the best tennis seasons on record, is as well known for showmanship as he is for his tennis skills. Earlier this year, he filmed a parody of tennis player Maria Sharapova’s Head commercial, prompting the tennis equipment manufacturer to make a new commercial featuring both Djokovic as the Russian beauty and Sharapova herself. Below is a clip from the 2007 U.S. Open, where Djokovic was asked to do a couple of impersonations of fellow tennis players.
Tennis Ace Novak Djokovic To Do Cameo In 'Expendables 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland's $74.7M Global Bow; 'Pitch Perfect 2' Singing $190.4M Cume; 'Mad Max' Smokin' $227.7M - Wwide B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’ To Be Rebooted By Fox
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Slightly Better In Actuals, But Memorial Day Frame Was Still A Downer – Tuesday B.O. Update
- ‘Point Break’ First Trailer: Johnny Utah Rides Again
- Rapper Azealia Banks To Star, RZA To Direct Lionsgate/Codeblack Feature ‘Coco’
- ‘Tomorrowland’s $74.7M Global Bow; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Singing $190.4M Cume; ‘Mad Max’ Smokin’ $227.7M – Wwide B.O…
- John Swetnam Cannes Pic ‘Spectrum’ Comes Together With Maple Leaf Funding