He is arguably the best actor on the ATP Tour with his spot-on impersonations. Now world’s No. 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic is set to make his professional acting debut with a cameo in The Expendables 2. Djokovic has already arrived in Bulgaria, where the sequel is filming. The tennis champion will play himself in the movie after getting an invitation from producer Avi Lerner. Djokovic, who won three of the four tennis Grand Slams this year during one of the best tennis seasons on record, is as well known for showmanship as he is for his tennis skills. Earlier this year, he filmed a parody of tennis player Maria Sharapova’s Head commercial, prompting the tennis equipment manufacturer to make a new commercial featuring both Djokovic as the Russian beauty and Sharapova herself. Below is a clip from the 2007 U.S. Open, where Djokovic was asked to do a couple of impersonations of fellow tennis players.
Tennis Ace Novak Djokovic To Do Cameo In 'Expendables 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Embraces $89M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- Richard A. Roth Dies: ‘Summer Of ’42’ Producer Was 76
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire