Christian Bale isn’t going to play the title character in the Darren Aronofsky-directed Biblical epic Noah. Bale had never been set, but it was understood he was the actor Aronofsky wanted. I’m told that it won’t happen because the dates don’t work because Bale is committed to doing the Terrence Malick-directed Lawless and Knight Of Cups, which are being made back to back. Bale’s coming off The Dark Knight Rises. Noah’s being funded by Paramount and New Regency and will begin production in the spring.
Back To Back Terrence Malick Movies Means No 'Noah' For Christian Bale
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Toronto To Open With 'The Magnificent Seven'; 'La La Land', 'Deepwater Horizon' Among Galas & Presentations
Latest Film News
- Toronto To Open With ‘The Magnificent Seven’; ‘La La Land’, ‘Deepwater Horizon’ Among Galas…
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalize Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?