Christian Bale isn’t going to play the title character in the Darren Aronofsky-directed Biblical epic Noah. Bale had never been set, but it was understood he was the actor Aronofsky wanted. I’m told that it won’t happen because the dates don’t work because Bale is committed to doing the Terrence Malick-directed Lawless and Knight Of Cups, which are being made back to back. Bale’s coming off The Dark Knight Rises. Noah’s being funded by Paramount and New Regency and will begin production in the spring.
Back To Back Terrence Malick Movies Means No 'Noah' For Christian Bale
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance