Christian Bale isn’t going to play the title character in the Darren Aronofsky-directed Biblical epic Noah. Bale had never been set, but it was understood he was the actor Aronofsky wanted. I’m told that it won’t happen because the dates don’t work because Bale is committed to doing the Terrence Malick-directed Lawless and Knight Of Cups, which are being made back to back. Bale’s coming off The Dark Knight Rises. Noah’s being funded by Paramount and New Regency and will begin production in the spring.
Back To Back Terrence Malick Movies Means No 'Noah' For Christian Bale
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner