Like its more established sibling Nickelodeon, which switches to the adult-themed Nick at Nite in primetime, Nick Jr. too will launch a primetime programming block targeting adults. Named NickMom, the ad-supported nightly block on the preschooler-focused Nick Jr. will feature a mix of original long- and short-form humor-based programming, including talk shows, docu-series, stand-up and sketch comedy, hidden camera and game shows. The TV block will air nightly from 9 PM to 1 AM (ET) with two-hours of original content and a replay immediately following. It will launch in 4Q12. The companion NickMom web site will debut this coming Monday as a blog on Nickelodeon’s ParentsConnect.com. “Today’s moms who grew up with Nickelodeon have a renewed relationship with us through their kids, and now we have something for them as adults in NickMom.” said Nickelodeon Networks president Cyma Zarghami. There are 30 projects already in the works for the new block from such auspices as Eyeworks USA (The Biggest Loser); Mad Cow (Madeleine Smithberg, co-creator of The Daily Show); actress and author Annabelle Gurwitch (You Say Tomate); and Hugh Fink (head writer, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson). Right now, Nick Jr., which will remain a commercial-free network for preschoolers outside of primetime, airs kids animated series at night.
Nick Jr. To Launch Primetime Programming Block For Moms
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- ‘Little People’ Animated Musical Comedy Series To Premiere On Sprout
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’