New Line Cinema is in talks with Ice Cube to write, produce and star in another installment of the Friday series. Cube could be in line to direct it as well, but all that is being worked out. A TMZ report says that Chris Tucker as being in serious talks to reprise his role in the film. They have had discussions and Cube wants him, I’m told, but it’s unclear whether that part is a reality. For one thing, when I interviewed Tucker several years ago for Playboy, he told me that because of his religion, he was reticent to be depicted in the pot smoking mode as his character Smokey was in the original film. He went as far as to say that he probably now wouldn’t have taken that memorable stint in Quentin Tarantino’s Jackie Brown, because of the verbal explosion of profanity and liberal use of the “N” word. Stay tuned.
New Line, Ice Cube Plot Another 'Friday'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Ghost Story Pic ‘The Lodgers’ Sets Lead Cast As Production Begins In Ireland
- ‘Black Panther’ Finds Another Villain: Winston Duke To Play M’Baku/Man-Ape
- Nancy Pelosi To Host Congressional Screening Of Gun Violence Documentary
- ‘Angry Birds’ Helmer Clay Kaytis Aligned With Amblin’s ‘The Lunch Witch’
- Nancy Travis Cast In ‘Bernard And Huey’; Jonathan Baker To Co-Star In ‘Inconceivable’