New Line Cinema is in talks with Ice Cube to write, produce and star in another installment of the Friday series. Cube could be in line to direct it as well, but all that is being worked out. A TMZ report says that Chris Tucker as being in serious talks to reprise his role in the film. They have had discussions and Cube wants him, I’m told, but it’s unclear whether that part is a reality. For one thing, when I interviewed Tucker several years ago for Playboy, he told me that because of his religion, he was reticent to be depicted in the pot smoking mode as his character Smokey was in the original film. He went as far as to say that he probably now wouldn’t have taken that memorable stint in Quentin Tarantino’s Jackie Brown, because of the verbal explosion of profanity and liberal use of the “N” word. Stay tuned.
New Line, Ice Cube Plot Another 'Friday'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Swings Past $600M Global; Crossing $400M Overseas Today
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $84M In 3 Days At Offshore Box Office – Saturday Update
- ‘Jungle Book’ Tide Rises & Drowns ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…
- Politics, Legends, Lassie And Lollobrigida Share The Spotlight As TCM Classic Film Festival Gets Rolling In Hollywood
- Frankie Shaw Joins Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’
- Seth Grahame-Smith Bolts From WB’s ‘The Flash’; Search On For New Director