New Line Cinema is in talks with Ice Cube to write, produce and star in another installment of the Friday series. Cube could be in line to direct it as well, but all that is being worked out. A TMZ report says that Chris Tucker as being in serious talks to reprise his role in the film. They have had discussions and Cube wants him, I’m told, but it’s unclear whether that part is a reality. For one thing, when I interviewed Tucker several years ago for Playboy, he told me that because of his religion, he was reticent to be depicted in the pot smoking mode as his character Smokey was in the original film. He went as far as to say that he probably now wouldn’t have taken that memorable stint in Quentin Tarantino’s Jackie Brown, because of the verbal explosion of profanity and liberal use of the “N” word. Stay tuned.
New Line, Ice Cube Plot Another 'Friday'
What's Hot on Deadline
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
Sex, Drugs, Glamour, Emptiness: Bryan Singer's Teen Ex-Lover Bares All About Life In Director's Orbit
'Coco' Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; 'Justice League' Tops $600M WW - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Boston Society Of Film & New York Film Critics Online Announce Award Winners For 2017
- ‘Coco’ Sweet With $390M Global, Scores China Hat Trick; ‘Justice League’ Tops $600M WW – International…
- Celebrities Praise Keaton Jones: Chris Evans Invites Bullied Boy To ‘Avengers’ Premiere
- British Independent Film Awards: ‘God’s Own Country’ Takes Top Honor – Full List
- ‘The Last Jedi’ World Premiere: ‘Star Wars’ Princess Carrie Fisher Remembered; Adam Driver Calls Pic “A Great Homage To Her”…
- ‘Ready Player One’ Author Ernest Cline Calls Movie A Cross Between ‘Willy Wonka’ And ‘The Matrix…