Steve Dolcemaschio, who has been the COO of E! Entertainment for the past six years, has been picked to run NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment’s reality production arm Comcast Entertainment Studio. The unit, which is being renamed early next year, develops and produces reality and topical programs for cable networks including E!’s The Soup, Fashion Police and Ice Loves Coco; the Style Network’s Giuliana & Bill; and GSN’s Baggage. He will report to Bonnie Hammer, chairman of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and Cable Studios, which houses Dolcemaschio’s E!, USA Network, Syfy, G4, Cloo, Chiller and Universal HD. “From the moment I began working with Steve, I’ve been impressed by his business skills and his operational savvy,” Hammer said. “He’s the perfect person to help grow the studio into an even more vital resource for innovative programming both inside and outside the NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment family.” Dolcemaschio, who will assume the title of president, will segue out of his E! role during the next several months; while there, he has overseen production operations, tech operations, business & legal affairs, business development, finance, facilities and human resources. EVP Development Jay James will continue to head up the reality studio’s development and report to Dolcemaschio.
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Taps Steve Dolcemaschio To Run Reality Studio
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'
- EMMYS: Mindy Kaling, Liev Schreiber, Kate Walsh & More Join Presenters List
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'