Steve Dolcemaschio, who has been the COO of E! Entertainment for the past six years, has been picked to run NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment’s reality production arm Comcast Entertainment Studio. The unit, which is being renamed early next year, develops and produces reality and topical programs for cable networks including E!’s The Soup, Fashion Police and Ice Loves Coco; the Style Network’s Giuliana & Bill; and GSN’s Baggage. He will report to Bonnie Hammer, chairman of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment and Cable Studios, which houses Dolcemaschio’s E!, USA Network, Syfy, G4, Cloo, Chiller and Universal HD. “From the moment I began working with Steve, I’ve been impressed by his business skills and his operational savvy,” Hammer said. “He’s the perfect person to help grow the studio into an even more vital resource for innovative programming both inside and outside the NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment family.” Dolcemaschio, who will assume the title of president, will segue out of his E! role during the next several months; while there, he has overseen production operations, tech operations, business & legal affairs, business development, finance, facilities and human resources. EVP Development Jay James will continue to head up the reality studio’s development and report to Dolcemaschio.
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Taps Steve Dolcemaschio To Run Reality Studio
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016