NBC’s The Voice earned bragging rights tonight as all 4 of its musician coaches received Grammy nominations: 4 for Cee Lo Green, 2 each for Blake Shelton and Christina Aguilera and one for Adam Levine’s band Maroon 5 (it is for the group’s collaboration with Aguilera Moves Like Jagger). In contrast, none of the judges of the other signing competition series, including The Voice‘s main rivals American Idol and The X Factor, landed a single nomination. The recent crop of American Idol contestants also failed to earn recognition though the series’ 2 best-selling alums, Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson earned a nom each, as did another star of a reality competition, Susan Boyle of Simon Cowell’s Britain’s Got Talent.
NBC's 'The Voice' Wins Music Competition Series' Grammy Showdown
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over