NBC has renewed its contract with SVP Special Programs and Alternative Doug Vaughan, with his expanded responsibilities including and oversight of most of the network’s late-night programs. Now SVP Special Programs and Late Night, he will shepherd Saturday Night Live, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and Last Call With Carson Daly. He will remain based in New York and report to alternative and late-night president Paul Telegdy, who will continue to oversee The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on the West Coast. The move is part of the restructuring in NBC late night, which started last month when Telegdy added late-night to his purview and the network’s long-time head of late-night Rick Ludwin stepped down, followed by the exit of VP Nick Bernstein. A former supervising producer on Today, Vaughan will retain responsibility for NBC’s specials and several alternative series including such East Coast-based fare as the upcoming A Michael Buble Christmas as well as the Golden Globe Awards, New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly, and The Miss Universe Pageant.
NBC Reups With Specials Boss Doug Vaughan, Adds Late-Night To His Duties
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'