NBC has renewed its contract with SVP Special Programs and Alternative Doug Vaughan, with his expanded responsibilities including and oversight of most of the network’s late-night programs. Now SVP Special Programs and Late Night, he will shepherd Saturday Night Live, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and Last Call With Carson Daly. He will remain based in New York and report to alternative and late-night president Paul Telegdy, who will continue to oversee The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on the West Coast. The move is part of the restructuring in NBC late night, which started last month when Telegdy added late-night to his purview and the network’s long-time head of late-night Rick Ludwin stepped down, followed by the exit of VP Nick Bernstein. A former supervising producer on Today, Vaughan will retain responsibility for NBC’s specials and several alternative series including such East Coast-based fare as the upcoming A Michael Buble Christmas as well as the Golden Globe Awards, New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly, and The Miss Universe Pageant.
NBC Reups With Specials Boss Doug Vaughan, Adds Late-Night To His Duties
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55