NBC has added 2 more episodes to the Back 9 order of freshman comedy Up All Night, bringing the series’ total first-season order to 24 episodes. This is the latest vote of confidence by NBC for the show starring Christina Applegate, following the early full-season pickup and the recent time slot upgrade. Beginning Jan. 12, Up All Night is moving from its current Wednesday 8 PM slot to the cushy post-The Office 9:30 PM berth on Thursday. With Up All Night prominently factoring into NBC’s scheduling plans for the rest of the season, the network has opted to up its order, something normally reserved for top performers, like NBC’s flagship comedy series The Office, whose last 3 seasons spanned between 24-26 episodes.
NBC Orders 2 More Eps. Of 'Up All Night'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend; Auds Give $11M & Thumb Down 'Caesar' - Saturday AM Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Paramount Lands 'Conquest'; Plan To Re-Team 'The Revenant's Leonardo DiCaprio And Scribe Mark L. Smith
Latest TV News
- ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Ratings Return Up, ‘Shark Tank’ Down & ‘Grimm’ Rises
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins…
- CBS Orders Medical Drama Pilot ‘Sensory’ From David Zabel & Scott Free
- Shondaland’s ‘Still Star-Crossed’ Romeo & Juliet Sequel: Michael Offer To Direct
- ‘Second Fattest Housewife In Westport’ ABC Pilot: Ruben Fleischer To Direct