The National Board of Review of Motion Pictures announced today that NBC News’ Today news anchor Natalie Morales has been tapped to host the annual National Board of Review Awards Gala, taking place on January 10th at NYC’s Cipriani 42nd Street. This year’s winners will be announced on December 1 so that voting members have the opportunity to see as many films as possible. To determine the NBR’s annual awards, ballots are sent in by the 110 members – film enthusiasts, academics, filmmakers, and students in the New York metropolitan area – and subsequently tabulated by a certified public accountancy firm in order to decide the winners. An Awards Jury helps set the special achievement awards presented at the gala.
National Board Of Review Sets Awards Host
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest Awardsline News
- Bryan Cranston Talks ‘Last Flag Flying’ And His Upcoming Turn As Howard Beale In ‘Network’ On The London…
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process
- Peter Bart: First-Time Directors Are Stealing The Awards-Season Sizzle
- ‘The Breadwinner’ Director Nora Twomey On Life In An Imbalanced Society: “Inequality Hurts Everyone”
- Michael Stuhlbarg Plays The Parent Everyone Wishes They Had In ‘Call Me By Your Name’
- ‘Step’ Documentary Competes For Oscar Attention As Director Amanda Lipitz Plans Fictional Adaptation