Natasha Lyonne has been set to star in Tara Subkoff’s directorial debut Playdate, an indie drama scripted by Melissa Samuels that Liz Destro is producing. It is set to begin shooting this month in Los Angeles. Lyonne will play Amy, an unfulfilled stay-at-home mom who befriends a seeming perfect fellow mom (Radha Mitchell) that moves in next door. The two become fast friends until Grace reveals a vicious streak and begins destroying Amy’s life, a spiral that ends with the mysterious death of Grace’s husband and Amy as the prime suspect. Lyonne is coming off wrapping roles in Universal’s American Reunion and the indie Imogene alongside Kristin Wiig and Annette Bening. She is repped by APA and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Natasha Lyonne Books An Indie 'Playdate'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- Richard Schickel Dies: Time Magazine Film Critic Was 84