Natasha Lyonne has been set to star in Tara Subkoff’s directorial debut Playdate, an indie drama scripted by Melissa Samuels that Liz Destro is producing. It is set to begin shooting this month in Los Angeles. Lyonne will play Amy, an unfulfilled stay-at-home mom who befriends a seeming perfect fellow mom (Radha Mitchell) that moves in next door. The two become fast friends until Grace reveals a vicious streak and begins destroying Amy’s life, a spiral that ends with the mysterious death of Grace’s husband and Amy as the prime suspect. Lyonne is coming off wrapping roles in Universal’s American Reunion and the indie Imogene alongside Kristin Wiig and Annette Bening. She is repped by APA and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Natasha Lyonne Books An Indie 'Playdate'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
More From Fleming Jr
- Open Road, Sony Wins Spectacular Auction For ‘Dope;’ Sundance
- Johnny Knoxville Brings ‘Being Evel’ To Sundance
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘The Imitation Game,’ Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
- IFC Pays $3 Million For Jack Black Comedy ‘The D Train’ – Sundance
- Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ Selling To Alchemy: Sundance
- A24 Closing On ‘The Witch': Sundance