Morgan Freeman has been tapped to receive the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Cecil B. DeMille Award, which will be bestowed during the Golden Globes ceremony January 15. The honor is given for outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment and is the organization’s lifetime achievement award. Previous winners include Warren Beatty, Anthony Hopkins, Steven Spielberg and Robert DeNiro, among others. The Oscar winner and five-time nominee won the best actor Globe in 1990 for Driving Miss Daisy.
Morgan Freeman To Receive Golden Globes' Cecil B. DeMille Award
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'