Morgan Freeman has been tapped to receive the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Cecil B. DeMille Award, which will be bestowed during the Golden Globes ceremony January 15. The honor is given for outstanding contributions to the world of entertainment and is the organization’s lifetime achievement award. Previous winners include Warren Beatty, Anthony Hopkins, Steven Spielberg and Robert DeNiro, among others. The Oscar winner and five-time nominee won the best actor Globe in 1990 for Driving Miss Daisy.
Morgan Freeman To Receive Golden Globes' Cecil B. DeMille Award
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Walking Dead' Producer Among Four Joining AMPAS Sci-Tech Council
- ABC 'World News Tonight' Wins Premiere Week In News Demo; NBC Nightly News Wins With Total Viewers
- Kenny Smith Family Reality Series Joins TBS Starting Lineup
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza