EXCLUSIVE: Molly Shannon teamed with veteran scribes Rob Muir and Bob Hilgenberg to sell an untitled comedy feature pitch to Disney. They will write the script together for a film that could be a star vehicle for Shannon. It’s based on their own experiences as parents, and the comedy focuses on the social world of motherhood. The film will be produced by Andrew Panay (Wedding Crashers), and Shannon will be exec producer. Hilgenberg & Muir are currently scripting a live-action version of The Family Circus for Fox and Walden Media. Shannon’s repped by Gersh and Framework Entertainment, the scribes are repped by Summit Talent & Literary.
Molly Shannon At Center Of Disney Feature Pitch Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case