Tarsem Singh’s Immortals chalked up an estimated $1.4 million in Thursday midnight screenings in roughly 900 locations. Frequently compared with 300, Immortals shares a couple of producers on that movie — Mark Canton and Gianni Nunnari. It’s also of interest because it offers a look at Henry Cavill, who in addition to playing the mortal Theseus in Relativity’s movie has been cast as the Man of Steel in Warner Bros’ reboot of Superman. It’ll be interesting to see how well Immortals lives up to its title as the day and the weekend progress.
Midnights For 'Immortals': $1.4 Million
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest Box Office News
- Harvey Weinstein Gives ‘Finding Neverland’ The Hook, Sets August Broadway Closing
- New York Drama Critics’ Circle Votes ‘The Humans’ Best Play, ‘Shuffle Along’ Best Musical
- ‘Vaxxed’s Cinema Libre Teams With China’s Gaia To Expand U.S. Release, Head To Asia
- Matthew Perry’s West End Playwriting Debut Draws Crowds Despite Critics’ Barbs
- ‘Angry Birds’ Get Happy With Day-And-Date China Bow
- ‘Warcraft’ Sets China Release Two Days Ahead Of U.S.: A Burgeoning Trend?