EXCLUSIVE: Michael Rispoli (The Black Donnellys) has landed the male lead opposite Kirstie Alley in ABC’s multi-camera comedy pilot The Manzanis. Also cast in the family comedy is veteran actor Robert Costanzo. Written by sitcom veterans Marco Pennette and Dave Flebotte, The Manzanis stars Alley as Angela Manzani, an opinionated wife/mother who, along with her Italian American husband, Nick Manzani (Rispoli), and their 3 kids moves to a quiet New Jersey neighborhood where they clash with their new, WASPy neighbors. Constanzo will play Nick’s father, Joe, while Rhea Perlman was recently cast to play Nick’s mother, Camille. ABC Studios and studio-based Brillstein Entertainment Partners are producing, with Pennette, Flebotte, JoAnn Alfano, Aaron Kaplan and Jason Weinberg executive producing. Rispoli next co-stars on Starz’s period drama Magic City.
Michael Rispoli Lands Male Lead Opposite Kirstie Alley in ABC Pilot 'The Manzanis'
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- Pilot Season 2018: Breakthrough For Female Directors, Modest Gains In Director Diversity
- 'Three Rivers': John Larroquette To Star In ABC Family Comedy Pilot
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97
- 'Charmed': Sarah Jeffery Cast As A Lead In The CW Reboot Pilot
- Anthony Hemingway To Direct CBS Drama Pilot ‘Murder’
- NBC Tweaks Thursday Night Schedule: ‘A.P. Bio’ Moves To Earlier Timeslot