EXCLUSIVE: Michael Rispoli (The Black Donnellys) has landed the male lead opposite Kirstie Alley in ABC’s multi-camera comedy pilot The Manzanis. Also cast in the family comedy is veteran actor Robert Costanzo. Written by sitcom veterans Marco Pennette and Dave Flebotte, The Manzanis stars Alley as Angela Manzani, an opinionated wife/mother who, along with her Italian American husband, Nick Manzani (Rispoli), and their 3 kids moves to a quiet New Jersey neighborhood where they clash with their new, WASPy neighbors. Constanzo will play Nick’s father, Joe, while Rhea Perlman was recently cast to play Nick’s mother, Camille. ABC Studios and studio-based Brillstein Entertainment Partners are producing, with Pennette, Flebotte, JoAnn Alfano, Aaron Kaplan and Jason Weinberg executive producing. Rispoli next co-stars on Starz’s period drama Magic City.
Michael Rispoli Lands Male Lead Opposite Kirstie Alley in ABC Pilot 'The Manzanis'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network
- Benedict Cumberbatch Calls Martin Freeman’s ‘Sherlock’ Criticisms “Pathetic”