EXCLUSIVE: Michael Rispoli (The Black Donnellys) has landed the male lead opposite Kirstie Alley in ABC’s multi-camera comedy pilot The Manzanis. Also cast in the family comedy is veteran actor Robert Costanzo. Written by sitcom veterans Marco Pennette and Dave Flebotte, The Manzanis stars Alley as Angela Manzani, an opinionated wife/mother who, along with her Italian American husband, Nick Manzani (Rispoli), and their 3 kids moves to a quiet New Jersey neighborhood where they clash with their new, WASPy neighbors. Constanzo will play Nick’s father, Joe, while Rhea Perlman was recently cast to play Nick’s mother, Camille. ABC Studios and studio-based Brillstein Entertainment Partners are producing, with Pennette, Flebotte, JoAnn Alfano, Aaron Kaplan and Jason Weinberg executive producing. Rispoli next co-stars on Starz’s period drama Magic City.
Michael Rispoli Lands Male Lead Opposite Kirstie Alley in ABC Pilot 'The Manzanis'
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest TV News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- ‘The Village’: Grace Van Dien To Star In NBC Drama Pilot
- ‘High Maintenance’ & ‘Crashing’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Review: ‘Killing’ Creator’s New Drama Needs Less Time, Not More
- Fox News Channel’s Mark Levin Sunday Show Gets Premiere Date
- Damon Wayans Jr. To Star In CBS’ Tim McAuliffe/Austen Earl Comedy Pilot