The Breaking In gang is getting a new boss. After a hot pursuit by the producers, Megan Mullally has closed a rich deal to join the Fox comedy as a new regular. Mullally’s character will take over high-tech security firm Contra Security, which had been run by Oz (Christian Slater), who will now have his own boss. The high-profile cast addition is part of significant creative changes the comedy created by Adam F. Goldberg and Seth Gordon is undergoing heading into Season 2. The “mission of the week” concept where members of the Contra team go out of the office on a different assignment in every episode will be scaled back as Breaking In will segue into a more office-based comedy. Production on Season 2 is slated to begin in early January. The series, which recently came back from a cancellation for the second time, is expected to be part of Fox’s two-hour midseason comedy block on Tuesday. Sony TV and Happy Madison are producing, with Goldberg, Gordon and Doug Robinson executive producing. Mullally’s deal for Breaking In will allow her to continue her co-starring gig on Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital and her recurring roles on Parks & Recreation and Happy Endings. On the Fox series, Gersh-repped Mullally joins Slater, Bret Harrison, Alphoso McAuley, Michael Rosenbaum and Odette Annable, who may be in fewer episodes as she is also a regular on Fox’s House.
Megan Mullally Joins Fox's 'Breaking In' As New Regular As Part Of Creative Revamp
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'