The Breaking In gang is getting a new boss. After a hot pursuit by the producers, Megan Mullally has closed a rich deal to join the Fox comedy as a new regular. Mullally’s character will take over high-tech security firm Contra Security, which had been run by Oz (Christian Slater), who will now have his own boss. The high-profile cast addition is part of significant creative changes the comedy created by Adam F. Goldberg and Seth Gordon is undergoing heading into Season 2. The “mission of the week” concept where members of the Contra team go out of the office on a different assignment in every episode will be scaled back as Breaking In will segue into a more office-based comedy. Production on Season 2 is slated to begin in early January. The series, which recently came back from a cancellation for the second time, is expected to be part of Fox’s two-hour midseason comedy block on Tuesday. Sony TV and Happy Madison are producing, with Goldberg, Gordon and Doug Robinson executive producing. Mullally’s deal for Breaking In will allow her to continue her co-starring gig on Adult Swim’s Childrens Hospital and her recurring roles on Parks & Recreation and Happy Endings. On the Fox series, Gersh-repped Mullally joins Slater, Bret Harrison, Alphoso McAuley, Michael Rosenbaum and Odette Annable, who may be in fewer episodes as she is also a regular on Fox’s House.
Megan Mullally Joins Fox's 'Breaking In' As New Regular As Part Of Creative Revamp
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin’s Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Jimmy Kimmel Vows To Mine Donald Trump Presidency For Laughs
- More Than 200 Arrested But Protests Don’t Trump Inaugural Festivities
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?