Spike TV said today that Mark Burnett has been tapped to executive produce the network’s Video Game Awards, which are set to air live December 10. Burnett’s credits beyond unscripted hits Survivor, The Voice and The Apprentice include a swath of live awards shows — most recently September’s Primetime Emmy Awards as well as several MTV Movie Awards and People’s Choice Awards. “I have teenage boys, so video games are already a part of my life,” Burnett said in the release announcing the deal. “They kick my butt in Black Ops on a regular basis, but now are letting me win in hopes of seeing some of the world premieres before the show. We are going to have a lot of fun.”
Mark Burnett To Exec Produce Spike's Video Game Awards
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'