Spike TV said today that Mark Burnett has been tapped to executive produce the network’s Video Game Awards, which are set to air live December 10. Burnett’s credits beyond unscripted hits Survivor, The Voice and The Apprentice include a swath of live awards shows — most recently September’s Primetime Emmy Awards as well as several MTV Movie Awards and People’s Choice Awards. “I have teenage boys, so video games are already a part of my life,” Burnett said in the release announcing the deal. “They kick my butt in Black Ops on a regular basis, but now are letting me win in hopes of seeing some of the world premieres before the show. We are going to have a lot of fun.”
Mark Burnett To Exec Produce Spike's Video Game Awards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video