British actress Lucy Griffiths has landed her first American series. The 25-year-old will join the upcoming season of HBO’s hit True Blood as a new regular. On Alan Ball’s vampire drama, she will play Nora, the centuries-old vampire “sister” of Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) who is working as a double agent within the Vampire Authority. Griffiths, best known for her starring role as Maid Marian on the first two seasons of the BBC drama Robin Hood, first grabbed the attention of U.S. TV talent scouts last year when she was signed by CBS in a talent deal. That resulted in her being cast as the lead in the CW zombie pilot Awakening. Griffiths is with U.S.’ Paul Kohner and Principal and the UK’s Hamilton/Hodell.
Lucy Griffiths Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS