British actress Lucy Griffiths has landed her first American series. The 25-year-old will join the upcoming season of HBO’s hit True Blood as a new regular. On Alan Ball’s vampire drama, she will play Nora, the centuries-old vampire “sister” of Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) who is working as a double agent within the Vampire Authority. Griffiths, best known for her starring role as Maid Marian on the first two seasons of the BBC drama Robin Hood, first grabbed the attention of U.S. TV talent scouts last year when she was signed by CBS in a talent deal. That resulted in her being cast as the lead in the CW zombie pilot Awakening. Griffiths is with U.S.’ Paul Kohner and Principal and the UK’s Hamilton/Hodell.
Lucy Griffiths Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom
- Fox Developing Couples Dancing Show As ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Awaits Renewal Decision
- MTV’s Nicole Byer Pilot Casts Sophie Von Haselberg, Fahim Anwar & Rachel Hilson
- Samuel Baum Inks 2-Year Deal With HBO