British actress Lucy Griffiths has landed her first American series. The 25-year-old will join the upcoming season of HBO’s hit True Blood as a new regular. On Alan Ball’s vampire drama, she will play Nora, the centuries-old vampire “sister” of Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) who is working as a double agent within the Vampire Authority. Griffiths, best known for her starring role as Maid Marian on the first two seasons of the BBC drama Robin Hood, first grabbed the attention of U.S. TV talent scouts last year when she was signed by CBS in a talent deal. That resulted in her being cast as the lead in the CW zombie pilot Awakening. Griffiths is with U.S.’ Paul Kohner and Principal and the UK’s Hamilton/Hodell.
Lucy Griffiths Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order