British actress Lucy Griffiths has landed her first American series. The 25-year-old will join the upcoming season of HBO’s hit True Blood as a new regular. On Alan Ball’s vampire drama, she will play Nora, the centuries-old vampire “sister” of Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) who is working as a double agent within the Vampire Authority. Griffiths, best known for her starring role as Maid Marian on the first two seasons of the BBC drama Robin Hood, first grabbed the attention of U.S. TV talent scouts last year when she was signed by CBS in a talent deal. That resulted in her being cast as the lead in the CW zombie pilot Awakening. Griffiths is with U.S.’ Paul Kohner and Principal and the UK’s Hamilton/Hodell.
Lucy Griffiths Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race