British actress Lucy Griffiths has landed her first American series. The 25-year-old will join the upcoming season of HBO’s hit True Blood as a new regular. On Alan Ball’s vampire drama, she will play Nora, the centuries-old vampire “sister” of Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) who is working as a double agent within the Vampire Authority. Griffiths, best known for her starring role as Maid Marian on the first two seasons of the BBC drama Robin Hood, first grabbed the attention of U.S. TV talent scouts last year when she was signed by CBS in a talent deal. That resulted in her being cast as the lead in the CW zombie pilot Awakening. Griffiths is with U.S.’ Paul Kohner and Principal and the UK’s Hamilton/Hodell.
Lucy Griffiths Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over