Warner Bros has lost some steam on Londongrad, the drama about about the mysterious death of former KGB spy Alexander Litvinenko, who was poisoned in 2006 with polonium-210. The studio put the picture into high gear because Rupert Wyatt wanted to direct it, and they were targeting Michael Fassbender to play Litvinenko. Now, it looks like Wyatt won’t be able to make it next. Fox has an option on him and the studio understandably wants to move fast on a sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes. So either the project will wait for him or the studio will get another director.
'Londongrad' Spy Film Losing Rupert Wyatt
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On 'Birdman,' Sony PR Tsuris, Mike Nichols And Bill Cosby
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award