Weed lovers Harold and Kumar are getting animated. Lionsgate TV is shopping around an animated comedy based on the hit Harold & Kumar feature franchise, with several cable networks interested. According to sources, Comedy Central and MTV are among them. Lionsgate TV is co-producing the project with Mandate, and I hear that original writers Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are on board to write and produce and stars John Cho and Kal Penn to voice the lead characters and also produce. The latest installment in the franchise, A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, opens today.
Lionsgate TV Shops Animated Series Version Of 'Harold & Kumar'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest TV News
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins…
- CBS Orders Medical Drama Pilot ‘Sensory’ From David Zabel & Scott Free
- Shondaland’s ‘Still Star-Crossed’ Romeo & Juliet Sequel: Michael Offer To Direct
- ‘Second Fattest Housewife In Westport’ ABC Pilot: Ruben Fleischer To Direct
- ‘Cruel Intentions’: Sarah Michelle Gellar Courted To Reprise Her Role In NBC Pilot