Weed lovers Harold and Kumar are getting animated. Lionsgate TV is shopping around an animated comedy based on the hit Harold & Kumar feature franchise, with several cable networks interested. According to sources, Comedy Central and MTV are among them. Lionsgate TV is co-producing the project with Mandate, and I hear that original writers Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg are on board to write and produce and stars John Cho and Kal Penn to voice the lead characters and also produce. The latest installment in the franchise, A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, opens today.
Lionsgate TV Shops Animated Series Version Of 'Harold & Kumar'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem