EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Joy Behar will leave HLN at the end of the year. Behar, who has hosted her primetime talk show on the CNN sibling since 2009, is in the final year of her contract there. She has done well on HLN, where her The Joy Behar Show is the second-highest-rated behind Nancy Grace. “It just felt it was time for everyone,” an insider said. Comedian-writer-actress Behar will continue as a co-host of ABC’s The View, where she is under a long-term deal, while also exploring new opportunities, possibly within HLN’s parent company Turner Broadcasting. At HLN, Behar was one of two anchors to juggle a primetime cable talker and a daytime show, along with Grace, who left the syndicated Swift Justice this past summer to focus on her HLN program.
Joy Behar To Leave HLN At End Of Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Premiere Gets Modest Live+3 Bump; Strong Streaming Lift