EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Joy Behar will leave HLN at the end of the year. Behar, who has hosted her primetime talk show on the CNN sibling since 2009, is in the final year of her contract there. She has done well on HLN, where her The Joy Behar Show is the second-highest-rated behind Nancy Grace. “It just felt it was time for everyone,” an insider said. Comedian-writer-actress Behar will continue as a co-host of ABC’s The View, where she is under a long-term deal, while also exploring new opportunities, possibly within HLN’s parent company Turner Broadcasting. At HLN, Behar was one of two anchors to juggle a primetime cable talker and a daytime show, along with Grace, who left the syndicated Swift Justice this past summer to focus on her HLN program.
Joy Behar To Leave HLN At End Of Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book