EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Joy Behar will leave HLN at the end of the year. Behar, who has hosted her primetime talk show on the CNN sibling since 2009, is in the final year of her contract there. She has done well on HLN, where her The Joy Behar Show is the second-highest-rated behind Nancy Grace. “It just felt it was time for everyone,” an insider said. Comedian-writer-actress Behar will continue as a co-host of ABC’s The View, where she is under a long-term deal, while also exploring new opportunities, possibly within HLN’s parent company Turner Broadcasting. At HLN, Behar was one of two anchors to juggle a primetime cable talker and a daytime show, along with Grace, who left the syndicated Swift Justice this past summer to focus on her HLN program.
Joy Behar To Leave HLN At End Of Year
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Trying To De-legitimize CNN, Jake Tapper Tells Seth Meyers
- Judd Apatow On Why He Won’t Do A Broadcast Show, ‘Freaks & Geeks’ Reboot
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- ‘Furniss’ Drama From Kyle Killen & Macon Blair In Series Consideration At AMC
- CNN Defends Jim Acosta Again As Trump Press Conference Fallout Continues
- David Haydn Jones Joins ‘Supernatural’ As Mystery Character