EXCLUSIVE: I have learned that Joy Behar will leave HLN at the end of the year. Behar, who has hosted her primetime talk show on the CNN sibling since 2009, is in the final year of her contract there. She has done well on HLN, where her The Joy Behar Show is the second-highest-rated behind Nancy Grace. “It just felt it was time for everyone,” an insider said. Comedian-writer-actress Behar will continue as a co-host of ABC’s The View, where she is under a long-term deal, while also exploring new opportunities, possibly within HLN’s parent company Turner Broadcasting. At HLN, Behar was one of two anchors to juggle a primetime cable talker and a daytime show, along with Grace, who left the syndicated Swift Justice this past summer to focus on her HLN program.
Joy Behar To Leave HLN At End Of Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'