Jimmy Kimmel famously skewers the president of ABC every year at the network’s upfront presentation. Now he will get to do it to the president of the United States. The host of ABC’s late-night talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! has been tapped to headline the next White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner on April 28, 2012. He succeeds recent hosts of the event Wanda Sykes, Jay Leno and most recently Seth Meyers last year. “Jimmy’s humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience,” said Caren Bohan, a Reuters journalist and WHCA president. Said Kimmel, “I look forward to being a part of the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. I love dinner.” The WHCA dinner is attended by the President and First Lady as well as other senior government officials and members of the press corps accompanied by a slew of celebrities.
Jimmy Kimmel To Host White House Correspondents Dinner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom