Jimmy Kimmel famously skewers the president of ABC every year at the network’s upfront presentation. Now he will get to do it to the president of the United States. The host of ABC’s late-night talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! has been tapped to headline the next White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner on April 28, 2012. He succeeds recent hosts of the event Wanda Sykes, Jay Leno and most recently Seth Meyers last year. “Jimmy’s humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience,” said Caren Bohan, a Reuters journalist and WHCA president. Said Kimmel, “I look forward to being a part of the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. I love dinner.” The WHCA dinner is attended by the President and First Lady as well as other senior government officials and members of the press corps accompanied by a slew of celebrities.
Jimmy Kimmel To Host White House Correspondents Dinner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser