Jimmy Kimmel famously skewers the president of ABC every year at the network’s upfront presentation. Now he will get to do it to the president of the United States. The host of ABC’s late-night talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! has been tapped to headline the next White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner on April 28, 2012. He succeeds recent hosts of the event Wanda Sykes, Jay Leno and most recently Seth Meyers last year. “Jimmy’s humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience,” said Caren Bohan, a Reuters journalist and WHCA president. Said Kimmel, “I look forward to being a part of the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. I love dinner.” The WHCA dinner is attended by the President and First Lady as well as other senior government officials and members of the press corps accompanied by a slew of celebrities.
Jimmy Kimmel To Host White House Correspondents Dinner
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era