Jimmy Kimmel famously skewers the president of ABC every year at the network’s upfront presentation. Now he will get to do it to the president of the United States. The host of ABC’s late-night talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! has been tapped to headline the next White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner on April 28, 2012. He succeeds recent hosts of the event Wanda Sykes, Jay Leno and most recently Seth Meyers last year. “Jimmy’s humor is sophisticated and edgy while appealing to a wide audience,” said Caren Bohan, a Reuters journalist and WHCA president. Said Kimmel, “I look forward to being a part of the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. I love dinner.” The WHCA dinner is attended by the President and First Lady as well as other senior government officials and members of the press corps accompanied by a slew of celebrities.
Jimmy Kimmel To Host White House Correspondents Dinner
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Ex-Fox News Analyst Tamara Holder Blasts Rupert Murdoch As “Liar Or Delusional”, Says “Lives Destroyed”
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Kevin Hart, Foo Fighters & Trump
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy