EXCLUSIVE: 24 alum Jeffrey Nordling has been tapped to co-star opposite Melanie Griffith in Lifetime’s drama pilot American Housewife, which Griffith is executive producing with husband/producing partner Antonio Banderas. Young actress Kacey Rohl also has been cast in the pilot, written/executive produced by Erik Jendresen based on an idea by him and Banderas, and also executive produced by Ray Ricord. Directed by David Slade and produced by Fox TV Studios, American Housewife centers on Leila (Griffith), a seemingly perfect housewife living the American Dream in an affluent neighborhood, married to wealthy up-and-coming politician Stanford (Nordling) with whom she has three grown or almost-grown children. Rohl will play the youngest, Harper, 17, a high-school National Honor student who has a crush on one of her dad’s campaign aides. Leila’s life is filled with chaos, but lately even her quiet moments are not so quiet — she’s begun hearing a voice, and it’s telling her things she doesn’t want to know. Nordling, who is recurring on ABC’s Body Of Proof, is repped by APA which also reps Rohl, along with Red Management.
Jeffrey Nordling To Co-Star in Lifetime's Melanie Griffith Pilot 'American Housewife'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn