I hear that CBS TV Distribution’s syndicated daily talk show hosted by Survivor‘s Jeff Probst is close to a deal with the NBC owned and operated stations, effectively clearing the strip for a fall 2012 launch. The show, which will cover mostly relationship and human interest topics, had been competing with 2 other syndicated talk show hopefuls, Twentieth’s Ricki Lake and Warner Bros’ Bethenny Frankel, for a spot on the NBC O&Os. The acquisition does not affect Sony TV’s Nate Berkus Show, which has a deal with the NBC stations though next season. In addition to Jeff Probst, the 10 NBC O&O will also serve as the launch group for the new Steve Harvey talk show next fall. Meanwhile, station clearances would rule out Probst, a frequent substitute guest host on Live! With Regis And Kelly, as a possible successor to departing Regis Pilbin. This would mark CBS TV Distribution’s first first-run syndication launch since The Doctors.
Jeff Probst's Syndicated Daily Talk Show Closing In On Deal With NBC Stations
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC