So now no member of the Murdoch family sits on the boards of News Corp’s marquee British newspapers. The London Evening Standard is reporting from regulatory filings that James Murdoch in September “dramatically resigned” in a “surprise move” as a director of the various News Corp companies that publish The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun. James faces calls to also quit as chairman of BSkyB at next week’s annual general meeting. But James is still enjoying his promotion to News Corp deputy chief operating officer in New York last April and a News International spokesman confirms that James remains chairman of the company. NI remains at the center of the UK phone hacking scandal.
James Murdoch Exits UK Newspapers Role
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video