So now no member of the Murdoch family sits on the boards of News Corp’s marquee British newspapers. The London Evening Standard is reporting from regulatory filings that James Murdoch in September “dramatically resigned” in a “surprise move” as a director of the various News Corp companies that publish The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun. James faces calls to also quit as chairman of BSkyB at next week’s annual general meeting. But James is still enjoying his promotion to News Corp deputy chief operating officer in New York last April and a News International spokesman confirms that James remains chairman of the company. NI remains at the center of the UK phone hacking scandal.
James Murdoch Exits UK Newspapers Role
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Toni Collette, Tracy Letts & Sam Trammell Join ‘Imperium’
- Disney Hits $4B Globally, Fastest Time In Studio’s History
- Disney: ‘Ant Man And The Wasp’ A Go, ‘Incredibles 2’ Dated & More
- CAA Signs Belgian Writer-Directors Adil El Arbi And Bilall Fallah
- Daniel Craig Says He’s Done With Bond; Is The Search Now On For New 007?
- Paramount Movies To Be Distributed By Toho-Towa In Japan Under New Entity