EXCLUSIVE: Actor Jake Abel is frontrunner to play one of the two male lead roles in The Host, the adaptation of the science fiction novel by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer that will star Saoirse Ronan and be directed by Andrew Niccol, who wrote the script. Negotiations are expected to begin soon. Abel was chosen from among a group of young thesps and he is negotiating for the role of Ian. The other male lead role of Jake is down to a small circle of actors including Liam Hemsworth (also a finalist to play Bruce Willis’s son in A Good Day To Die Hard), Max Irons, Kit Harington and Jai Courtney. Abel has starred alongside Ronan in The Lovely Bones, and his other recent credits include I Am Number Four and Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Open Road acquired the film for domestic distribution. Abel’s repped by UTA and Anthem Entertainment.
Jake Abel Is Frontrunner For Male Lead In 'Twilight' Author Stephenie Meyer's 'The Host'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriter Winners Unveiled
- China’s Fundamental Films Takes 28% Stake Of EuropaCorp
- CBS’ ’60 Minutes’ Plays Up No Apology By ‘Birth Of A Nation’ Director Nate Parker
- ‘Nerdland’ Acquired By Samuel Goldwyn Films For December Bow
- Fox 2000 Buying Hitchcockian Thriller Novel ‘The Woman In The Window’
- ‘True Memoirs Of An International Assassin’ Trailer: Kevin James Wrote The Book On Faux Killer