EXCLUSIVE: Actor Jake Abel is frontrunner to play one of the two male lead roles in The Host, the adaptation of the science fiction novel by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer that will star Saoirse Ronan and be directed by Andrew Niccol, who wrote the script. Negotiations are expected to begin soon. Abel was chosen from among a group of young thesps and he is negotiating for the role of Ian. The other male lead role of Jake is down to a small circle of actors including Liam Hemsworth (also a finalist to play Bruce Willis’s son in A Good Day To Die Hard), Max Irons, Kit Harington and Jai Courtney. Abel has starred alongside Ronan in The Lovely Bones, and his other recent credits include I Am Number Four and Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Open Road acquired the film for domestic distribution. Abel’s repped by UTA and Anthem Entertainment.
Jake Abel Is Frontrunner For Male Lead In 'Twilight' Author Stephenie Meyer's 'The Host'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest Film News
- IMAX China 2016 Profits Fall 13% In Wake Of Box Office Slump
- Sen. Kamala Harris At CAA Take Action Day: We Are In “The Post-11/8 Era”
- Peter Bart: Gay Talese’s Famed “Frank Sinatra Has A Cold” Becomes Hot Movie Project
- ‘Nightwing’ Next Up To Bat As Warner Bros DC Pic
- CAA Take Action Day: Barbara Boxer On Meryl Streep, Kevin McCarthy On The Question Trump Asked Him Four Times
- Matt Ross To Direct TriStar’s Futuristic Crime Thriller ‘Tomorrow And Tomorrow’