EXCLUSIVE: Actor Jake Abel is frontrunner to play one of the two male lead roles in The Host, the adaptation of the science fiction novel by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer that will star Saoirse Ronan and be directed by Andrew Niccol, who wrote the script. Negotiations are expected to begin soon. Abel was chosen from among a group of young thesps and he is negotiating for the role of Ian. The other male lead role of Jake is down to a small circle of actors including Liam Hemsworth (also a finalist to play Bruce Willis’s son in A Good Day To Die Hard), Max Irons, Kit Harington and Jai Courtney. Abel has starred alongside Ronan in The Lovely Bones, and his other recent credits include I Am Number Four and Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Open Road acquired the film for domestic distribution. Abel’s repped by UTA and Anthem Entertainment.
Jake Abel Is Frontrunner For Male Lead In 'Twilight' Author Stephenie Meyer's 'The Host'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moana' Close To 'Frozen'; Awards Raise 'Manchester's Tide; 'Jackie' Still Regal - Saturday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Billy Chapin Dead: ‘Night Of The Hunter’ Child Actor Was 72
- There’s Plenty Of Adorable Baby Groot In New ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Teaser
- ‘Sieranevada’ Actors Judith State And Rolando Matsangos On The Fastidious Pursuit Of “Little Miracles”
- Hollywood Reacts With Disgust At ‘Last Tango” Rape Scene Revelations
- L.A.-Based Music Label In Oakland Fire Chronicled In 2013 Documentary ‘Silk’
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88