EXCLUSIVE: Actor Jake Abel is frontrunner to play one of the two male lead roles in The Host, the adaptation of the science fiction novel by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer that will star Saoirse Ronan and be directed by Andrew Niccol, who wrote the script. Negotiations are expected to begin soon. Abel was chosen from among a group of young thesps and he is negotiating for the role of Ian. The other male lead role of Jake is down to a small circle of actors including Liam Hemsworth (also a finalist to play Bruce Willis’s son in A Good Day To Die Hard), Max Irons, Kit Harington and Jai Courtney. Abel has starred alongside Ronan in The Lovely Bones, and his other recent credits include I Am Number Four and Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Open Road acquired the film for domestic distribution. Abel’s repped by UTA and Anthem Entertainment.
Jake Abel Is Frontrunner For Male Lead In 'Twilight' Author Stephenie Meyer's 'The Host'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mayweather-McGregor PPV Fight Could Punch Up $700M Worldwide, Making Domestic Box Office Meaningless
Latest Film News
- Studio71 Aboard ‘Saving Zoë’ Film With Laura & Vanessa Marano; Urbanworld Film Festival Unveils Lineup…
- Cannes Winner ‘The Square’ Is Sweden’s Foreign Language Oscar Pick
- Lorenzo Di Bonaventura Develops Graphic Novel IP ‘Guntown’ That Looks At Both Sides Of Gun Debate
- Christopher MacBride Set To Adapt Graphic Novel ‘A.D. After Death’ For Immersive Pics, Sony
- Robert Downey Jr. Warns Fans To Avoid Online Impersonators Looking For Cash
- Sony Snags Horror Thriller Spec ‘Nightlight’ From ‘Tragedy Girls’ Duo