It’s stange that a former corporate cousin of HBO — Time Warner Cable — remains the biggest pay TV company that still doesn’t offer subscribers the opportunity to access the HBO Go digital streaming service. But that will change “soon,” Time Warner Cable COO Robert Marcus tells Bloomberg. Marcus declined to say what’s holding things up — and we’ve been hearing for months that a deal was just around the corner. Still, if Marcus’ prediction is correct, then it means the HBO customers among TWC’s 12.1M subscribers will be able to watch shows such as Boardwalk Empire, Hung, Bored To Death, and Real Time With Bill Maher on demand from Web-connected devices including tablets and mobile phones. It’s important to HBO because TWC serves two of its biggest markets, Manhattan and Los Angeles. TWC and Cablevision are the only major cable, satellite, and telco video providers that still don’t offer HBO Go.
Is Time Warner Cable Really, Finally, Close To A Deal To Offer HBO Go?
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest Film News
- ‘Inconceivable’s Jonathan Baker, Who Filed Fraud Suit Against Emmett/Furla, Says He Has What Happened On Film…
- Looking Under ‘Logan Lucky’s Hood As ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Stands Tall With $21M Opening – Saturday…
- Donald Trump Blows Off Kennedy Center Honors; Avoiding “Political Distraction”
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris