EXCLUSIVE: Indian Paintbrush has acquired screen rights to The Andalucian Friend, a debut novel by Swedish author Alexander Soderberg that created a huge buzz and sold big at the Frankfurt Book Fair several weeks ago. The novel sold strongly in countries around the world, based on a 100 page partial manuscript. It will be published in the U.S. by Crown in 2013. The book is intended to be the first of a trilogy that follows a woman who works as a nurse and is a single mother, who falls in love with the head of a major mob family and gets involved in a conflict between two powerful crime syndicates and a group of corrupt police officers. Indian Paintbrush will finance the film, with Steven Rales and Mark Roybal producing. The deal was brokered by IPB’s Peter McPartlin with the author’s reps, Rabineau Wachter Sanford Gillett’s Sylvie Rabineau and Keith Fleer, and the Salomonsson Agency, whose Leyla Belle Drake will be exec producer. The author will also be an exec producer.
Indian Paintbrush Buys Screen Rights To Frankfurt Sensation 'The Andalucian Friend'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Johnny Galecki Brings In Andrew Haas To Join His Production Shingle Alcide Bava
- TriStar Wins English-Language Debut By ‘Wild Tales’ Helmer Damian Szifron
- Alec Baldwin Plots TV Return As NYC Mayor In HBO Series
- UTA Signs Helmer Gavin Hood
- Relativity To Release Faith-Based Film ‘Hillsong–Let Hope Rise’
- Diablo Cody Set To Rewrite ‘Barbie’