AMC Networks’ IFC Midnight says that it is buying the U.S. rights to The Corridor, a sci-fi thriller from first-time director Evan Kelly. The film stars Stephen Chambers, James Gilbert, and David Patrick Flemming and the screenplay comes from Josh MacDonald, who did Faith, Fraud And Minimum Wage. Telefilm Canada and Nova Scotia Film funded the project which was shot in Halifax, Nova Scotia and was produced by Craig Cameron (Touch And Go) and Mike Masters (Reel Zombies). The deal for the film was negotiated by Jeff Deutchman, Director of Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Nate Bolotin at XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers. “The Corridor is crafty and fun horror sci-fi thriller that we think is a perfect addition to our IFC Midnight slate,” Sundance Selects/IFC Films President Jonathan Sehring says. The film won the Gold Audience Choice award for Best Canadian Film and AMD award for screenplay at Fantasia 2011. The film also won Best Feature at the Rhode Island International Horror Film Festival. Chambers was additionally the recipient of the Best Actor award at Tulsa International Film Festival.
IFC Midnight Will Distribute Sci-Fi Thriller 'The Corridor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Pacing Behind 'Ultron' But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening - Box Office
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Latest Film News
- Sumner Redstone Trial: Judge Says He’ll Consider Dismissal Sought By Mogul’s Lawyers Over The Weekend
- Epic Pictures To Sell ‘Redcon-1’; ‘Spark’ Alights At Double Dutch; Artist View Gets Traplight Pair – Cannes…
- FCC Approves Charter’s Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable
- ‘The Revenant’ Exec Producers Form Production-Financing Entity Facing East
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Pacing Behind ‘Ultron’ But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening – Box…
- Ben Affleck Elevates ‘Justice League’ Presence; Becomes Exec Producer