AMC Networks’ IFC Midnight says that it is buying the U.S. rights to The Corridor, a sci-fi thriller from first-time director Evan Kelly. The film stars Stephen Chambers, James Gilbert, and David Patrick Flemming and the screenplay comes from Josh MacDonald, who did Faith, Fraud And Minimum Wage. Telefilm Canada and Nova Scotia Film funded the project which was shot in Halifax, Nova Scotia and was produced by Craig Cameron (Touch And Go) and Mike Masters (Reel Zombies). The deal for the film was negotiated by Jeff Deutchman, Director of Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Nate Bolotin at XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers. “The Corridor is crafty and fun horror sci-fi thriller that we think is a perfect addition to our IFC Midnight slate,” Sundance Selects/IFC Films President Jonathan Sehring says. The film won the Gold Audience Choice award for Best Canadian Film and AMD award for screenplay at Fantasia 2011. The film also won Best Feature at the Rhode Island International Horror Film Festival. Chambers was additionally the recipient of the Best Actor award at Tulsa International Film Festival.
IFC Midnight Will Distribute Sci-Fi Thriller 'The Corridor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation
- Eddie Redmayne Joins Morten Tyldum In Black Bear’s ‘The Last Days Of Night’