AMC Networks’ IFC Midnight says that it is buying the U.S. rights to The Corridor, a sci-fi thriller from first-time director Evan Kelly. The film stars Stephen Chambers, James Gilbert, and David Patrick Flemming and the screenplay comes from Josh MacDonald, who did Faith, Fraud And Minimum Wage. Telefilm Canada and Nova Scotia Film funded the project which was shot in Halifax, Nova Scotia and was produced by Craig Cameron (Touch And Go) and Mike Masters (Reel Zombies). The deal for the film was negotiated by Jeff Deutchman, Director of Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with Nate Bolotin at XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers. “The Corridor is crafty and fun horror sci-fi thriller that we think is a perfect addition to our IFC Midnight slate,” Sundance Selects/IFC Films President Jonathan Sehring says. The film won the Gold Audience Choice award for Best Canadian Film and AMD award for screenplay at Fantasia 2011. The film also won Best Feature at the Rhode Island International Horror Film Festival. Chambers was additionally the recipient of the Best Actor award at Tulsa International Film Festival.
IFC Midnight Will Distribute Sci-Fi Thriller 'The Corridor'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- How Warner Bros Beat The Period-Film Curse At The B.O. & Positioned ‘Dunkirk’ As A Summer Tentpole
- Where Are Next ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘Ready Player One’? Future Franchise Candidates
- 'Landline' Dials In With Top Number; 'The Beguiled' Crosses $10M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Dunkirk’ Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; ‘Valerian’ $23.5M Start – Int’l…
- ‘Dunkirk’ Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; ‘Girls Trip’ Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why ‘Valerian…
- Venice Film Festival: Edgar Wright, Rebecca Hall, John Landis & More Get Jury Duty