Icon UK today announced that the company would head in a “new strategic direction” by focusing on acquiring and producing films while forming a distribution partnership with Lionsgate. A hook-up with Lionsgate had been expected, but this is the first time the move has been confirmed. The deal is a multi-year pact and will see Lionsgate distribute and release certain of Icon’s film rights in the UK. Icon, meanwhile, is itching to ramp up production. According to a statement, Icon UK’s international sales division will sharpen its focus on acquiring new projects by seeking out production deals to source original content, while retaining its core business off-selling product to international distributors. Aviv Giladi, who was named CEO of Icon UK last week, said: “I’m hugely excited about the prospect of engaging with directors and producers to source and create the most compelling independent movies possible. Content creation is central to my career, and I invite the world’s film talent to come and talk to us at Icon about projects we can partner with.”
Icon UK Confirms Lionsgate Pact
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest Film News
- Al Gore Tests Box Office Climate With 'An Inconvenient Sequel'; New Pics With Cotillard, Butler & Cera…
- ‘The Murders Of Molly Southbourne’ Picked Up By Cathy Schulman’s Welle Entertainment
- New ‘Flint’ Water Crisis Documentary Unveiled At Traverse City Film Festival
- George Clooney Promises Legal Action Over Paparazzi Photos Of Infants
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?