Chechnya tyrant Ramzan Kadyrov’s birthday party is the gift that keeps on giving — or maybe the opposite of that. Hilary Swank’s PR firm 42West has released the actress, EW reports, amid the continuing fallout from her appearance at the October 5 event. As one of the trades might have said, the “praisery” decided to distance itself from Swank because she and they disagreed how the aftermath of her appearance should be handled. Swank already fired longtime manager Jason Weinberg and a pair of CAA agents but remains with CAA as a client. For now.
Hilary Swank Dropped By 42West: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM