Harry Potter will materialize sometime in the future in Universal City with his own special section of the theme park much like “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” at Universal Orlando Resort. NBC Universal is expected to announce plans for the Potter addition within a week, according to the Wall Street Journal. The Harry Potter site in Florida includes a Hogwarts Castle, roller coasters, and several Potter-themed restaurants. In the year after it opened, the Harry Potter attraction in Florida drew an additional 1.1 million visitors for a total of 2.8 million and revenue nearly doubled to $309 million, the Journal said. If the Hollywood Harry Potter succeeds, additional attractions could be added to Universal parks in Japan, Singapore and Spain. Universal licensed the Harry Potter theme park rights for the Orlando Resort from Warner Bros. for an undisclosed sum. A similar deal is likely for Universal Studios Hollywood. WB also receives royalties on merchandise. The Hollywood Harry Potter and any others also will require the consent of author J.K. Rowling, as did the park in Florida.
Harry Potter Attraction Riding Into Universal Studios Hollywood
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA