EXCLUSIVE: The advance accolades for Gary Oldman’s work in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy has put the actor in high demand. He’s Warner Bros’ choice not only to play the role of The Colonel in Akira (Garrett Hedlund will star in one of the two leads in the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed film), but also to play Merlin in Arthur & Lancelot, which David Dobkin will direct from his own script. The studio likes Joel Kinnaman for the Lancelot role and will test actors shortly for the role of Arthur. Oldman is working for the studio right now in the Chris Nolan-directed The Dark Knight Rises, which is shooting in New York at the moment.The big question is whether Oldman gets some love from the Academy this time. It’s hard to believe that this actor hasn’t been nominated once in his great career. He’s managed by Douglas Urbanski and agented by APA’s Jim Osborne.
Gary Oldman Coveted By Warner Bros For 'Akira' And 'Arthur & Lancelot'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’