EXCLUSIVE: The advance accolades for Gary Oldman’s work in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy has put the actor in high demand. He’s Warner Bros’ choice not only to play the role of The Colonel in Akira (Garrett Hedlund will star in one of the two leads in the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed film), but also to play Merlin in Arthur & Lancelot, which David Dobkin will direct from his own script. The studio likes Joel Kinnaman for the Lancelot role and will test actors shortly for the role of Arthur. Oldman is working for the studio right now in the Chris Nolan-directed The Dark Knight Rises, which is shooting in New York at the moment.The big question is whether Oldman gets some love from the Academy this time. It’s hard to believe that this actor hasn’t been nominated once in his great career. He’s managed by Douglas Urbanski and agented by APA’s Jim Osborne.
Gary Oldman Coveted By Warner Bros For 'Akira' And 'Arthur & Lancelot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Daytime Emmy Awards Winners: 'General Hospital', 'GMA', 'Ellen DeGeneres' Take Trophies - Complete List
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Orange Is The New Black' Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows - Update
Latest Film News
- AMPTP Offers To Boost Payments To WGA Health Plan As Strike Deadline Looms
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Zooms With $101.2M Bow – International Box Office
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- 'Colossal' Crosses $2M As 'Natasha', 'Obit' and 'Buster's Mal Heart' Bow Solid – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops ‘Furious 7’ For New China Record
- No Omerta As Coppola, Pacino And Cast Recall ‘Godfather’ Shoot – Tribeca