EXCLUSIVE: The advance accolades for Gary Oldman’s work in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy has put the actor in high demand. He’s Warner Bros’ choice not only to play the role of The Colonel in Akira (Garrett Hedlund will star in one of the two leads in the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed film), but also to play Merlin in Arthur & Lancelot, which David Dobkin will direct from his own script. The studio likes Joel Kinnaman for the Lancelot role and will test actors shortly for the role of Arthur. Oldman is working for the studio right now in the Chris Nolan-directed The Dark Knight Rises, which is shooting in New York at the moment.The big question is whether Oldman gets some love from the Academy this time. It’s hard to believe that this actor hasn’t been nominated once in his great career. He’s managed by Douglas Urbanski and agented by APA’s Jim Osborne.
Gary Oldman Coveted By Warner Bros For 'Akira' And 'Arthur & Lancelot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest Film News
- UK ‘Terminator: Genisys’ Trailer Elevates JK Simmons’ Profile
- Hugh Jackman On Instagram: Role In ‘Wolverine 3′ Will Be His Last
- TCM Classic Film Festival: From ‘The Sound Of Music’ To Shirley MacLaine It’s Anniversary Time In Hollywood
- DWA Poised For A ‘Home’ Run With $55.5M Bow; ‘Get Hard’ Gets Rich With $36.3M – Saturday AM Update
- Helen Mirren Film ‘Woman In Gold’ Aims For New Respect After Critical Brickbats At Berlin Film Festival
- Aimee Teegarden Joins Paramount’s ‘Rings'; Clemens Schick To Menace ‘The Lake’