EXCLUSIVE: The advance accolades for Gary Oldman’s work in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy has put the actor in high demand. He’s Warner Bros’ choice not only to play the role of The Colonel in Akira (Garrett Hedlund will star in one of the two leads in the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed film), but also to play Merlin in Arthur & Lancelot, which David Dobkin will direct from his own script. The studio likes Joel Kinnaman for the Lancelot role and will test actors shortly for the role of Arthur. Oldman is working for the studio right now in the Chris Nolan-directed The Dark Knight Rises, which is shooting in New York at the moment.The big question is whether Oldman gets some love from the Academy this time. It’s hard to believe that this actor hasn’t been nominated once in his great career. He’s managed by Douglas Urbanski and agented by APA’s Jim Osborne.
Gary Oldman Coveted By Warner Bros For 'Akira' And 'Arthur & Lancelot'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans
- ‘Just Getting Started’ Trailer: Morgan Freeman & Tommy Lee Jones Are Rivals-Turned-Partners
- Zak Olkewicz To Adapt ‘Time Salvager’ For Michael Bay At Paramount
- ‘All I See Is You’ Trailer: Blake Lively Regains Sight In Open Road’s Upcoming Thriller
- ‘It’ Becomes Biggest-Ever September Release With $218.8M As ‘Mother!’ Gets F Report Card & Dismal $7.5M – Monday…
- Teyana Taylor, Blair Underwood & French Montana To Topline Netflix Comedy ‘The After Party’