EXCLUSIVE: The advance accolades for Gary Oldman’s work in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy has put the actor in high demand. He’s Warner Bros’ choice not only to play the role of The Colonel in Akira (Garrett Hedlund will star in one of the two leads in the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed film), but also to play Merlin in Arthur & Lancelot, which David Dobkin will direct from his own script. The studio likes Joel Kinnaman for the Lancelot role and will test actors shortly for the role of Arthur. Oldman is working for the studio right now in the Chris Nolan-directed The Dark Knight Rises, which is shooting in New York at the moment.The big question is whether Oldman gets some love from the Academy this time. It’s hard to believe that this actor hasn’t been nominated once in his great career. He’s managed by Douglas Urbanski and agented by APA’s Jim Osborne.
Gary Oldman Coveted By Warner Bros For 'Akira' And 'Arthur & Lancelot'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest Film News
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’: Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Review: All Hail Caesar In Summer’s Crown Jewel Blockbuster
- MRC’s Modi Wiczyk Explains Risks Of Summer Originals ‘Baby Driver’ And ‘The Dark Tower’
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow – International Box Office
- ‘The Conjuring 3’ Is Summoned By New Line; David Leslie Johnson Hired To Script
- John Patrick Amedori, Ray Wise & Madeline Zima Join ‘The Chain’ From David Martin-Porras