FX has passed on its Nashville-set drama pilot Outlaw Country while keeping its other pilot, Powers, alive. Powers, based on the comic book of the same name, will undergo retooling and reshoots. The decision on Outlaw Country comes after it too went through tweaking and reshoots on the original pilot. The crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. It went through a long and arduous process: it was originally ordered to pilot in April 2010, which was filmed last fall and then put through reshoots this past April. In March, FX president John Landgraf indicated that he wanted to launch a new drama series this coming winter, with Outlaw Country and Powers as the main contenders. That won’t happen. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, Powers, written by Charles H. Eglee, directed by Michael Dinner and produced by Sony TV and FX Prods., is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Jason Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers).
FX Passes On Pilot 'Outlaw Country', Will Retool 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest TV News
- Barbara Boxer-Inspired Political Drama Series In Works At FX From Nina Tassler, Denise DeNovi & Andrew Lenchewski
- ‘Deadly Class’: Mick Betancourt Tapped As Co-Showrunner For Syfy Drama Series
- Donald Trump Claims Ignorance When Asked About Harvey Weinstein On Day Of Perp Walk
- Jeff Astrof Inks New Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- ‘Killing Eve’ Sets New Ratings Highs, Extends Demo Growth Streak Heading Into Finale
- Keith Olbermann Expands Role At ESPN