FX has passed on its Nashville-set drama pilot Outlaw Country while keeping its other pilot, Powers, alive. Powers, based on the comic book of the same name, will undergo retooling and reshoots. The decision on Outlaw Country comes after it too went through tweaking and reshoots on the original pilot. The crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. It went through a long and arduous process: it was originally ordered to pilot in April 2010, which was filmed last fall and then put through reshoots this past April. In March, FX president John Landgraf indicated that he wanted to launch a new drama series this coming winter, with Outlaw Country and Powers as the main contenders. That won’t happen. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, Powers, written by Charles H. Eglee, directed by Michael Dinner and produced by Sony TV and FX Prods., is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Jason Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers).
FX Passes On Pilot 'Outlaw Country', Will Retool 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest TV News
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- Donald Trump’s Comedy Crater Caught By 10.3M Viewers On Cable News Networks
- ‘Sneakers’ Hacker Drama Based On Movie In Works At NBC From Walter Parkes, Laurie MacDonald…
- Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King
- Fox Nabs ‘Bad Sugar’ Comedy From Sharon Horgan, Patty Breen & Aaron Kaplan