FX has passed on its Nashville-set drama pilot Outlaw Country while keeping its other pilot, Powers, alive. Powers, based on the comic book of the same name, will undergo retooling and reshoots. The decision on Outlaw Country comes after it too went through tweaking and reshoots on the original pilot. The crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. It went through a long and arduous process: it was originally ordered to pilot in April 2010, which was filmed last fall and then put through reshoots this past April. In March, FX president John Landgraf indicated that he wanted to launch a new drama series this coming winter, with Outlaw Country and Powers as the main contenders. That won’t happen. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, Powers, written by Charles H. Eglee, directed by Michael Dinner and produced by Sony TV and FX Prods., is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Jason Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers).
FX Passes On Pilot 'Outlaw Country', Will Retool 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein — Tribeca…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’ — Full…
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights” — Tribeca…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her
- Bill O’Reilly Sets Podcast Return For Monday