FX has passed on its Nashville-set drama pilot Outlaw Country while keeping its other pilot, Powers, alive. Powers, based on the comic book of the same name, will undergo retooling and reshoots. The decision on Outlaw Country comes after it too went through tweaking and reshoots on the original pilot. The crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. It went through a long and arduous process: it was originally ordered to pilot in April 2010, which was filmed last fall and then put through reshoots this past April. In March, FX president John Landgraf indicated that he wanted to launch a new drama series this coming winter, with Outlaw Country and Powers as the main contenders. That won’t happen. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, Powers, written by Charles H. Eglee, directed by Michael Dinner and produced by Sony TV and FX Prods., is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Jason Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers).
FX Passes On Pilot 'Outlaw Country', Will Retool 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $216M-$220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
Latest TV News
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report
- ‘Exorcist’ Finale Ratings Steady, ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Dips On Slow Friday
- Rupert Murdoch Feels Heat About His Fox News Sexual Misconduct Claims