FX has passed on its Nashville-set drama pilot Outlaw Country while keeping its other pilot, Powers, alive. Powers, based on the comic book of the same name, will undergo retooling and reshoots. The decision on Outlaw Country comes after it too went through tweaking and reshoots on the original pilot. The crime thriller/family drama set against the backdrop of Southern organized crime and Nashville royalty starred Luke Grimes, Haley Bennett, Mary Steenburgen and John Hawkes. It went through a long and arduous process: it was originally ordered to pilot in April 2010, which was filmed last fall and then put through reshoots this past April. In March, FX president John Landgraf indicated that he wanted to launch a new drama series this coming winter, with Outlaw Country and Powers as the main contenders. That won’t happen. Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, Powers, written by Charles H. Eglee, directed by Michael Dinner and produced by Sony TV and FX Prods., is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives, Christian Walker (Jason Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (Punch), in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers).
FX Passes On Pilot 'Outlaw Country', Will Retool 'Powers'
What's Hot on Deadline
Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet - Update
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $21M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $2M+
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; 'It' Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW - International Box Office
Trevor Noah: Donald Trump's NFL Tweets Don't Speak For All "Conservative, Old White Men" - Tribeca TV Festival
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- Oprah Winfrey Asks Michiganders If Donald Trump Has Divided Country In ’60 Minutes Debut’
- Donald Trump Did Not Watch Football Today…Except For When He Did
- NFL Tweets ‘Inside These Lines’ Unity Ad Set For Re-Airing Tonight
- Trevor Noah: Donald Trump’s NFL Tweets Don’t Speak For All “Conservative, Old White Men” – Tribeca…
- ‘American Idol’ Near Deal With Country Star Luke Bryan As Judge For ABC Revival
- Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet – Update