EXCLUSIVE: Actor-turned-director/producer Fred Savage is setting his sights on development next. Savage has launched a production company and has signed a two-year overall deal with CBS TV Studios to develop new projects, which he will produce and direct. Savage, who burst into the scene as the child actor on The Wonder Years, went on to star on such series as Working and Crumbs before segueing into TV directing and recently expanding into producing too. He has directed more than 100 episodes of primetime series, most recently, ABC’s Modern Family and Happy Endings, and CBS 2 Broke Girls. Savage, repped by CAA and Karl Austen, served as director/producer on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and Party Down, and is currently executive producing and directing two projects at NBC, mid-season comedy series Best Friends Forever and an untitled Tommy Dewey/Greg Bratman project, now in development.
Fred Savage Launches Production Co., Signs Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Netflix Eyes Second Coming Of Jesus Drama Series ‘Messiah’ From Mark Burnett & Roma Downey
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After…
- CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including ‘MacGyver’, ‘Superior Donuts’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0…