No topic is taboo for Fox’s Family Guy, and Seth MacFarlane & Co. proved it again tonight by taking on the worst terrorist attack ever on American soil, the events of September 11, 2001. In the episode, Brian and Stewie use Stewie’s time machine to go back and prevent the 9/11 hijackings. TVLine has details on the storyline but, in short, Brian’s efforts backfire and lead to a Civil War, so he and Stewie keep sending clones of themselves back in time to try to fix the mistake until all they get together to vote whether to stop 9/11 or let it happen. The latter wins, leading to a round of high-fives. Unlike Family Guy‘s infamous abortion episode that didn’t make it to air but was performed live and released on DVD, the 9/11 one squeaked past the Fox standards and practices department but is sure to raise as many eyebrows as it airs two months after the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
'Family Guy' On 9/11 Attack: “Let It Happen”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series