No topic is taboo for Fox’s Family Guy, and Seth MacFarlane & Co. proved it again tonight by taking on the worst terrorist attack ever on American soil, the events of September 11, 2001. In the episode, Brian and Stewie use Stewie’s time machine to go back and prevent the 9/11 hijackings. TVLine has details on the storyline but, in short, Brian’s efforts backfire and lead to a Civil War, so he and Stewie keep sending clones of themselves back in time to try to fix the mistake until all they get together to vote whether to stop 9/11 or let it happen. The latter wins, leading to a round of high-fives. Unlike Family Guy‘s infamous abortion episode that didn’t make it to air but was performed live and released on DVD, the 9/11 one squeaked past the Fox standards and practices department but is sure to raise as many eyebrows as it airs two months after the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
'Family Guy' On 9/11 Attack: “Let It Happen”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others