EXCLUSIVE: Mad Men star Elisabeth Moss is in final negotiations to play the lead in BBC Two’s six-hour miniseries Top Of The Lake, from the Oscar-winning trio of writer/director Jane Campion (The Piano) and producers Emile Sherman and Iain Canning (The King’s Speech). The project centers on Robin Griffin (Moss), a detective investigating the disappearance of a 12-year-old pregnant girl, who is the daughter of a local drug lord. Campion is set to direct from a script she co-wrote with Gerard Lee, with Sherman and Canning producing. Filming is tentatively slated to begin in New Zealand in January. The limited series doesn’t have an U.S. network yet, with Sundance Channel rumored as a possibility. Moss is currently in production on Season 5 of Mad Men, which will debut in March. She will do Top Of The Lake during her hiatus from the AMC period drama that has earned her 3 Emmy nominations. On the feature side, Moss, repped by WME and manager Gay Ribisi, will next be seen in Lawrence Kasdan’s Darling Companion as well as On the Road.
Elisabeth Moss To Star In BBC Miniseries 'Top Of The Lake'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount, Disney And STX Show Exhibitors Exactly What They Came To See With Help From Clooney, Damon And The Rock (Again!) - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Mika Brzezinski To Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Presidency “Far Worse” Than She Expected
- '2017' Trailer: Louis C.K. Takes The Stage In Netflix Stand-Up Special
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘The Daily Show’s Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
- Maxine Waters Tells Bill O’Reilly To Buzz Off
- ‘New Girl’ Clip: And Schmidt’s First Name Is…
- CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Real Life’ Casts Male Lead Role With Ryan Hansen As Guest Star, Mulls Potential Premise Tweak