EXCLUSIVE: Mad Men star Elisabeth Moss is in final negotiations to play the lead in BBC Two’s six-hour miniseries Top Of The Lake, from the Oscar-winning trio of writer/director Jane Campion (The Piano) and producers Emile Sherman and Iain Canning (The King’s Speech). The project centers on Robin Griffin (Moss), a detective investigating the disappearance of a 12-year-old pregnant girl, who is the daughter of a local drug lord. Campion is set to direct from a script she co-wrote with Gerard Lee, with Sherman and Canning producing. Filming is tentatively slated to begin in New Zealand in January. The limited series doesn’t have an U.S. network yet, with Sundance Channel rumored as a possibility. Moss is currently in production on Season 5 of Mad Men, which will debut in March. She will do Top Of The Lake during her hiatus from the AMC period drama that has earned her 3 Emmy nominations. On the feature side, Moss, repped by WME and manager Gay Ribisi, will next be seen in Lawrence Kasdan’s Darling Companion as well as On the Road.
Elisabeth Moss To Star In BBC Miniseries 'Top Of The Lake'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rebecca Creskoff Joins HBO's 'Silicon Valley' As New Regular
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV
- Netflix Series From 'Damages' Creators Unveils Title, First Teaser: Video
- Colin Callender's Playground Names Louise Pedersen UK Managing Director