Shareholders can consider this an early holiday gift: Disney declared an annual dividend of 60 cents a share — 20 cents more than it paid last year. The cash will go out on January 18 to shareholders of record as of December 16. The company says this is the 56th consecutive year of dividend payments to shareholders. CEO Bob Iger says the payout follows “a great creative, strategic and financial year in fiscal 2011 with record revenue, net income and earnings per share.” He adds that the dividend won’t interfere with the company’s ability to “invest for future growth.” Yesterday it filed two bond offers to raise $1.6B. In addition to the dividend announcement, Disney said that it will hold its annual shareholders’ meeting on March 13 in Kansas City, Mo.
Disney Ups Annual Dividend Citing Record Financial Results
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney