After 28 years, Regis Philbin this morning signed off as co-host of Live!. After New York mayor Michael Bloomberg presented the veteran talk show host with a key to the city, Disney honcho Bob Iger came out to salute Philbin, whose show is produced and distributed by Disney-ABC. Philbin’s response when Iger was introduced — “Oh, he’s still here?” Iger unveiled a plaque with Philbin’s name, which will be installed on the facade of the studio building where Live! is taped. Said Philbin to Iger during a commercial break, “I’m doing everything I can for you! After this you’re on your own!” Also in the audience for Philbin’s final show, which featured an emotional goodbye by his co-host Kelly Ripa, were Disney-ABC’s Anne Sweeney, Katie Couric, Meredith Vieira, Bryant Gumbel, Donald Trump, Tony Danza, Frank & Kathie Lee Gifford, John McEnroe and Diane Sawyer.
Disney Topper Bob Iger Among Guests On Regis Philbin's Final 'Live!' Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating