After 28 years, Regis Philbin this morning signed off as co-host of Live!. After New York mayor Michael Bloomberg presented the veteran talk show host with a key to the city, Disney honcho Bob Iger came out to salute Philbin, whose show is produced and distributed by Disney-ABC. Philbin’s response when Iger was introduced — “Oh, he’s still here?” Iger unveiled a plaque with Philbin’s name, which will be installed on the facade of the studio building where Live! is taped. Said Philbin to Iger during a commercial break, “I’m doing everything I can for you! After this you’re on your own!” Also in the audience for Philbin’s final show, which featured an emotional goodbye by his co-host Kelly Ripa, were Disney-ABC’s Anne Sweeney, Katie Couric, Meredith Vieira, Bryant Gumbel, Donald Trump, Tony Danza, Frank & Kathie Lee Gifford, John McEnroe and Diane Sawyer.
Disney Topper Bob Iger Among Guests On Regis Philbin's Final 'Live!' Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'