After 28 years, Regis Philbin this morning signed off as co-host of Live!. After New York mayor Michael Bloomberg presented the veteran talk show host with a key to the city, Disney honcho Bob Iger came out to salute Philbin, whose show is produced and distributed by Disney-ABC. Philbin’s response when Iger was introduced — “Oh, he’s still here?” Iger unveiled a plaque with Philbin’s name, which will be installed on the facade of the studio building where Live! is taped. Said Philbin to Iger during a commercial break, “I’m doing everything I can for you! After this you’re on your own!” Also in the audience for Philbin’s final show, which featured an emotional goodbye by his co-host Kelly Ripa, were Disney-ABC’s Anne Sweeney, Katie Couric, Meredith Vieira, Bryant Gumbel, Donald Trump, Tony Danza, Frank & Kathie Lee Gifford, John McEnroe and Diane Sawyer.
Disney Topper Bob Iger Among Guests On Regis Philbin's Final 'Live!' Show
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA