After 28 years, Regis Philbin this morning signed off as co-host of Live!. After New York mayor Michael Bloomberg presented the veteran talk show host with a key to the city, Disney honcho Bob Iger came out to salute Philbin, whose show is produced and distributed by Disney-ABC. Philbin’s response when Iger was introduced — “Oh, he’s still here?” Iger unveiled a plaque with Philbin’s name, which will be installed on the facade of the studio building where Live! is taped. Said Philbin to Iger during a commercial break, “I’m doing everything I can for you! After this you’re on your own!” Also in the audience for Philbin’s final show, which featured an emotional goodbye by his co-host Kelly Ripa, were Disney-ABC’s Anne Sweeney, Katie Couric, Meredith Vieira, Bryant Gumbel, Donald Trump, Tony Danza, Frank & Kathie Lee Gifford, John McEnroe and Diane Sawyer.
Disney Topper Bob Iger Among Guests On Regis Philbin's Final 'Live!' Show
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Event Series 'Dig' Pushed To 2015, Eyes Additional Episode Order
- MTV Series 'Eye Candy' Casts 3 Regulars
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'