Dimension Films has landed U.S. distribution rights to director Joseph Ruben’s thriller Penthouse North, which stars Michael Keaton and Michelle Monaghan and begins shooting in December in Ottawa. David Loughery wrote the script and is producing with Ruben, Jeff Sackman and Michael Baker; Jon Shiffman is executive producer. The story centers on a sadistic criminal named Hollander (Keaton) who plays a cat-and-mouse game with Sara Taylor (Monaghan), a photojournalist who was blinded in Iraq and also has a fortune of stolen diamonds hidden in her apartment. Hollander uses psychological and physical torture in an effort to find them, but Sara fights back. Dimension’s Andrew Kramer and Michal Steinberg negotiated the deal with Sackman and ICM, which helped package the film and co-repped U.S. rights.
Dimension Acquires Rights To Michael Keaton Thriller 'Penthouse North'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM