Dimension Films has landed U.S. distribution rights to director Joseph Ruben’s thriller Penthouse North, which stars Michael Keaton and Michelle Monaghan and begins shooting in December in Ottawa. David Loughery wrote the script and is producing with Ruben, Jeff Sackman and Michael Baker; Jon Shiffman is executive producer. The story centers on a sadistic criminal named Hollander (Keaton) who plays a cat-and-mouse game with Sara Taylor (Monaghan), a photojournalist who was blinded in Iraq and also has a fortune of stolen diamonds hidden in her apartment. Hollander uses psychological and physical torture in an effort to find them, but Sara fights back. Dimension’s Andrew Kramer and Michal Steinberg negotiated the deal with Sackman and ICM, which helped package the film and co-repped U.S. rights.
Dimension Acquires Rights To Michael Keaton Thriller 'Penthouse North'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Team
- Pierce Brosnan Super Bowl Ad Pokes Fun At Dashing Danger-Guy Image – Video
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Cast Finalized, Finally, As Shooting Begins
- Conde Nast Picks Up Three Sundance Shorts
- ‘Strange Inheritance’ Bestows Record Ratings On Fox Business Network
- ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Teaser: First Look At Netflix Series That Reunites Movie’s Cast
- Jerry Ferrara To Co-Star In Starz’s ‘Power’ Season 2