Dimension Films has landed U.S. distribution rights to director Joseph Ruben’s thriller Penthouse North, which stars Michael Keaton and Michelle Monaghan and begins shooting in December in Ottawa. David Loughery wrote the script and is producing with Ruben, Jeff Sackman and Michael Baker; Jon Shiffman is executive producer. The story centers on a sadistic criminal named Hollander (Keaton) who plays a cat-and-mouse game with Sara Taylor (Monaghan), a photojournalist who was blinded in Iraq and also has a fortune of stolen diamonds hidden in her apartment. Hollander uses psychological and physical torture in an effort to find them, but Sara fights back. Dimension’s Andrew Kramer and Michal Steinberg negotiated the deal with Sackman and ICM, which helped package the film and co-repped U.S. rights.
Dimension Acquires Rights To Michael Keaton Thriller 'Penthouse North'
What's Hot on Deadline
DWA's 'Home' Looking At $54M; 'Get Hard' Slots Second With $34.6M - Sunday AM Box Office First Update
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest Film News
- ‘Shooting Clerks’ Trailer For Biopic of Kevin Smith Arrives
- DWA’s ‘Home’ Looking At $54M; ‘Get Hard’ Slots Second With $34.6M – Sunday AM Box Office…
- UK ‘Terminator: Genisys’ Trailer Elevates JK Simmons’ Profile
- Hugh Jackman On Instagram: Role In ‘Wolverine 3′ Will Be His Last
- TCM Classic Film Festival: From ‘The Sound Of Music’ To Shirley MacLaine It’s Anniversary Time In Hollywood
- Helen Mirren Film ‘Woman In Gold’ Aims For New Respect After Critical Brickbats At Berlin Film Festival