Deadline will ramp up its movie awards season coverage starting today. Of course Awards Columnist Pete Hammond will continue to be Deadline’s linchpin to all honors including Oscars, Golden Globes, WGA, PGA, SAG, and the Hollywood arts and crafts. Mike Fleming and Nikki Finke will be weighing in frequently with breaking news and Q&As with major players. And life wouldn’t be worth living without Nikki’s awards show live-snarking… What’s new this year is Nikki’s first annual Oscars event called The Contenders on December 10th and 11th at the Landmark Theatre with 11 major and indie film studios showcasing their awards contenders directly to Academy Motion Picture Arts & Sciences members… And, again, there will be awards print editions. For the last 2010-2011 movie awards season, Deadline’s Nikki Finke planned, designed, and edited 7 Oscar awards publications, as well as 2 Emmy awards print editions. Those 9 Deadline publications are finalists in the ‘Best Of’ category of the Annual National Entertainment Awards. This 2011-2012 awards season will usher in the permanent print publication called Awards|Line planned, designed, and written by a mostly freelance staff. It will repurpose online content from Deadline, and some of the freelance content from Awards|Line may be repurposed on Deadine. Again, there will be 7 Awards|Line print editions covering producers, directors, writers, actors, actresses as well as the animation, foreign language, music, special effects, cinematography, and other categories. The first issue is published today.
Deadline Advisory: Movie Awards Coverage
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Phantom Thread’ Composer Jonny Greenwood On Writing Music Reynolds Woodcock Would Appreciate
- Diane Warren & Melissa Leo Among L.A. Italia Festival Honorees
- Oscars: A Look At The Nominees For Best Animated Feature Film
- The Very Best Version Of A Mother That She Can Be: Laurie Metcalf On Bringing The Tough Love To ‘Lady Bird’
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema
- Hans Zimmer Set Out After Complete Fusion Of Sound And Image With ‘Dunkirk’