Deadline will ramp up its movie awards season coverage starting today. Of course Awards Columnist Pete Hammond will continue to be Deadline’s linchpin to all honors including Oscars, Golden Globes, WGA, PGA, SAG, and the Hollywood arts and crafts. Mike Fleming and Nikki Finke will be weighing in frequently with breaking news and Q&As with major players. And life wouldn’t be worth living without Nikki’s awards show live-snarking… What’s new this year is Nikki’s first annual Oscars event called The Contenders on December 10th and 11th at the Landmark Theatre with 11 major and indie film studios showcasing their awards contenders directly to Academy Motion Picture Arts & Sciences members… And, again, there will be awards print editions. For the last 2010-2011 movie awards season, Deadline’s Nikki Finke planned, designed, and edited 7 Oscar awards publications, as well as 2 Emmy awards print editions. Those 9 Deadline publications are finalists in the ‘Best Of’ category of the Annual National Entertainment Awards. This 2011-2012 awards season will usher in the permanent print publication called Awards|Line planned, designed, and written by a mostly freelance staff. It will repurpose online content from Deadline, and some of the freelance content from Awards|Line may be repurposed on Deadine. Again, there will be 7 Awards|Line print editions covering producers, directors, writers, actors, actresses as well as the animation, foreign language, music, special effects, cinematography, and other categories. The first issue is published today.
Deadline Advisory: Movie Awards Coverage
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production