My former colleague Adam Dawtrey had a good scoop about Harry Potter director David Yates helming a feature version of the long running BBC science fiction series Doctor Who. That’s going to take several years to get a script, and he’ll need a job in the meantime. Warner Bros, which employed Yates on four Potter films including the finale, is trying hard to tempt him to direct Imitation Game, the script that the studio paid seven figures to buy last month. The Graham Moore-scripted drama is about Alan Turing, the genius and WWII hero who poisoned himself with a cyanide laced apple after being criminally prosecuted for being a homosexual. Studio has been waiting weeks to hear if Yates will bite. Stay tuned.
David Yates Develops 'Dr. Who,' As Warner Bros Tempts Him With 'Imitation Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Frame; 'Jungle Book' Still A Beast - Intl Box Office Update
'Jungle Book' King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Sunday Update
Obama's Final White House Correspondents' Dinner Kicks Off With Will Smith, Priyanka Chopra, Bryan Cranston, WME & UTA Brass
Latest Film News
- Sony Second Studio To Reach Settlement In Animation Anti-Poaching Suit
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Frame; ‘Jungle Book’ Still A Beast – Intl Box…
- ‘The Family Fang' & 'The Man Who Knew Infinity' Top Mixed Weekend: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…
- Watch Obama Blast Trump, Clinton & CNN At Final White House Correspondents’ Dinner – Update
- Geno Havens Dies; ‘The Jerk,’ ‘Switchblade Sisters’ Casting Director Was 75