My former colleague Adam Dawtrey had a good scoop about Harry Potter director David Yates helming a feature version of the long running BBC science fiction series Doctor Who. That’s going to take several years to get a script, and he’ll need a job in the meantime. Warner Bros, which employed Yates on four Potter films including the finale, is trying hard to tempt him to direct Imitation Game, the script that the studio paid seven figures to buy last month. The Graham Moore-scripted drama is about Alan Turing, the genius and WWII hero who poisoned himself with a cyanide laced apple after being criminally prosecuted for being a homosexual. Studio has been waiting weeks to hear if Yates will bite. Stay tuned.
David Yates Develops 'Dr. Who,' As Warner Bros Tempts Him With 'Imitation Game'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec 'Moonfall'