Treme co-creators David Simon and Eric Overmyer envision their HBO series ending after 4 seasons. In an interview with Nola.com on Monday, Simon revealed that he has notified HBO of their plan to have characters’ stories play out over four seasons via memo. Treme, set in post-Katrina New Orleans, has been renewed for a third season, which is now starting production. No decision has been made beyond that, but HBO is known for giving the top creators on its roster the freedom to end their series in the way they have envisioned it.
David Simon Wants 4 Seasons For 'Treme'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- All3Media America Executive Shakeup: CEO Greg Lipstone & COO Dan Donahue Exit Company
- On-Location Filming In L.A. Fell 3.4% Last Year Despite Tax Credits
- Funny Or Die Sets New Round Of Layoffs
- ‘Mary Kills People’ Unveils Season 2 Trailer & Premiere Date
- Disney Gives $1,000 Cash Bonuses To 125,000 Employees
- ‘Gianni Versace’ Premiere Ratings OK, Off From ‘People vs. O.J.’ Record Highs