Treme co-creators David Simon and Eric Overmyer envision their HBO series ending after 4 seasons. In an interview with Nola.com on Monday, Simon revealed that he has notified HBO of their plan to have characters’ stories play out over four seasons via memo. Treme, set in post-Katrina New Orleans, has been renewed for a third season, which is now starting production. No decision has been made beyond that, but HBO is known for giving the top creators on its roster the freedom to end their series in the way they have envisioned it.
David Simon Wants 4 Seasons For 'Treme'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The Bachelor’, CBS Comedies Hit Ratings Highs, ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Ticks Up
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’ Trailer: Drew Barrymore Kills It In Netflix Dark Comedy
- New Wave Entertainment Spins Off Comedy Dynamics Into Stand-Alone Company
- ‘Bosch’: Daniel Pyne Named New Showrunner Of Amazon Series
- Sinclair & MGM To Launch Charge! Action Network; ‘Rocky’, James Bond In Lineup
- ‘This Is Us’ Sets New Live+3 Ratings Record For January 10 Episode