Treme co-creators David Simon and Eric Overmyer envision their HBO series ending after 4 seasons. In an interview with Nola.com on Monday, Simon revealed that he has notified HBO of their plan to have characters’ stories play out over four seasons via memo. Treme, set in post-Katrina New Orleans, has been renewed for a third season, which is now starting production. No decision has been made beyond that, but HBO is known for giving the top creators on its roster the freedom to end their series in the way they have envisioned it.
David Simon Wants 4 Seasons For 'Treme'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Star Trek’ TV Series: Bryan Fuller To Serve As Showrunner
- Sundance’s ‘Other People’ Breakout JJ Totah Inks With WME
- Bill Cosby Wins Dismissal Of Janice Dickinson’s Amended Defamation Complaint; Marty Singer Dropped From Case
- Amy Poehler/Charlie Grandy NBC Comedy Pilot Casts Nico Evers-Swindell, Tim Baltz
- Nina Lederman Joins All3Media America As Head Of Scripted Programming
- ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’s Evangeline Lilly Signs With UTA