Treme co-creators David Simon and Eric Overmyer envision their HBO series ending after 4 seasons. In an interview with Nola.com on Monday, Simon revealed that he has notified HBO of their plan to have characters’ stories play out over four seasons via memo. Treme, set in post-Katrina New Orleans, has been renewed for a third season, which is now starting production. No decision has been made beyond that, but HBO is known for giving the top creators on its roster the freedom to end their series in the way they have envisioned it.
David Simon Wants 4 Seasons For 'Treme'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly Not So Sure Harvey Weinstein Scandal Will Bring Sea Change
- Samie Kim Falvey Named President Of Imagine Television
- ‘Daddy Issues’ Comedy From Erin Foster & Liz Meriwether Set At Fox As Put Pilot
- ‘Nashville’ Trailer: Juliette On The Verge Of A Breakdown In First Look At Season 6
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Gets November Premiere Date For Fifth & Final Season On HGTV
- Steven Baker Upped To Exec Producer At ‘Nightline’