Treme co-creators David Simon and Eric Overmyer envision their HBO series ending after 4 seasons. In an interview with Nola.com on Monday, Simon revealed that he has notified HBO of their plan to have characters’ stories play out over four seasons via memo. Treme, set in post-Katrina New Orleans, has been renewed for a third season, which is now starting production. No decision has been made beyond that, but HBO is known for giving the top creators on its roster the freedom to end their series in the way they have envisioned it.
David Simon Wants 4 Seasons For 'Treme'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest TV News
- Nixon-Kennedy Debate: A Look Back At TV History As Candidates Square Off Tonight
- ‘Born This Way’ Celebrates Emmy Win With Third-Season Pickup From A&E
- ‘Designated Survivor’ Posts Big Live+3 Ratings Gains On Premiere Wednesday
- PwC Report: U.S. Hispanics Prefer English-Language TV Shows By Wide Margin
- MTV Rallies Millennials To Register To Vote In Live Special
- John Oliver Grades Donald Trump Scandals On Eve Of First Debate With Hillary Clinton