EXCLUSIVE: David Oyelowo has joined the cast of Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln. He has headed to Virginia and will play the role of a cavalryman. Oyelowo takes the job while he’s concurrently shooting the Christopher McQuarrie-directed One Shot with Tom Cruise starring as Jack Reacher in the Lee Child novel series. Oyelowo plays the lead detective investigating a sniper massacre in Pittsburgh. Oyelowo, last seen in Rise of the Planet of the Apes and The Help, recently wrapped the Lee Daniels-directed The Paperboy, playing a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who teams with another reporter to investigate the possible wrongful conviction of a murderer. Matthew McConaughey, John Cusack and Nicole Kidman also star. Oyelowo will next be seen starring in Red Tails, the George Lucas-hatched drama about a crew of African American pilots in the Tuskegee training program who persevered through segregation to get their chance to show their stuff in the air under the guidance of Col. A.J. Bullard. Oyelowo is repped by ICM, Inphenate and UK-based Hamilton Hodell.
David Oyelowo Joins Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln'
What's Hot on Deadline
Uni/Blumhouse's 'Split' Is A Hit With High $39M To $40M+; 'Xander Cage' Falls Down - Saturday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Sundance Screenings Pulled Due To Power Failure At Venue
- London Critics’ Circle Crowns ‘La La Land’ Film Of The Year
- Deadline Studio at Sundance 2017 – Day 2 – Al Gore, John Legend, Rooney Mara, Jason Segel & More
- ‘Before I Fall’ Star Zoey Deutch On Her Character’s Surprising Journey Toward Redemption…
- Bleecker Street Acquires Mark Pellington’s ‘Nostalgia’ – Sundance
- Sony Pictures Classics At Altar With ‘Novitiate’ – Sundance