EXCLUSIVE: They certainly made a lasting impression with Se7en. Now, screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker has come aboard to work on the 20,000 League Under the Sea script for director David Fincher. Disney has been trying to find a compelling way to bring back the Jules Verne story of Captain Nemo as he creates his warship Nautilus. Given their previous dark collaboration, it will be interesting to see their vision for a Disney film based on one of the earliest live action pictures made by Walt Disney and released in 1954. (Treasure Island was the first, in 1950.) Disney famously bet his studio on a film best remembered for the giant squid scene. It became the second highest grossing film that year, won three Oscars and became the basis for a Disney theme park attraction. Walker, whose scripting credits also include Sleepy Hollow and The Wolfman, is repped by CAA. Fincher, who next releases The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, has several potential next projects, and he has long been attached to Cleopatra at Sony with Angelina Jolie and producer Scott Rudin.
David Fincher's 'Se7en' Scribe Andrew Kevin Walker Joins ‘20,000 Leagues Under The Sea’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update