Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sylvester Stallone & Antoine Fuqua Plot TV Series 'Omerta,' 'The Godfather' Author Mario Puzo's Last Novel
Latest Film News
- A Call To Action As Chaiken, Berlanti Honored at Inaugural Alliance of Women Directors Awards
- Invincible Smuggles ‘Yoga Hosers’ Across The Border With Wide Release & Limited Tour
- ‘The Nice Guys’ Extremely Accurate 70s Retro Trailer: Like A Hug From A Pet Rock
- Cohen Film Nabs Landmark ‘Daughters Of The Dust’ With Re-Release Planned For Fall – Cannes
- Lionsgate Sets Release Date For Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut ‘American Pastoral’
- Jeffrey Katzenberg To DWA Staff: “The Best Days Lie Ahead”