Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Martian' Frying 'Pan' At The Weekend Box Office; New York & L.A. Embracing 'Steve Jobs' - Friday Afternoon Update
Latest Film News
- Bulgaria’s Oscar Entry ‘The Judgment’ Unexpectedly Timely Amid Europe’s Migrant Crisis
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Review: A Smart And Complex Movie That Perfectly Fits The Man Himself
- Gene Allen Dies: Ex-Academy President & ‘My Fair Lady’ Oscar Winner Was 97
- ‘In Jackson Heights’ Trailer: 50 Years Of Frederick Wiseman Docus
- Live-Action ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Coming From Imagine And Anew
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk