Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Benjamin Bratt Joins Bold Films’ ‘Shot Caller’ & Netflix’s ‘Special Correspondent’
- Brittany Ishibashi Kicks Up ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′; Jonathan Bailey Joins Donald Crowhurst Pic
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’ To Be Rebooted By Fox
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Slightly Better In Actuals, But Memorial Day Frame Was Still A Downer – Tuesday B.O. Update
- ‘Point Break’ First Trailer: Johnny Utah Rides Again