Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest Film News
- TriStar Nails Attica Prison Riot Book For Amy Pascal; Second Project In Works About 1971 Uprising
- Marketing Exec VP Loren Schwartz Leaving Warner Bros.
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Review: Don’t Go
- ‘Rings’ Trailer: Samara Returns In The Digital Era
- Doug Liman Will Direct DC Title ‘Justice League Dark’ For Warner Bros
- ‘Manchester By The Sea’ Trailer: First Look At Kenneth Lonergan’s Family Drama Starring Casey Affleck