Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest Film News
- Bruna Papandrea’s Made Up Stories Lands First Book: ‘The House On Langley Lake’
- Maika Monroe & Jeremy Allen White To Star In Hannah Marks-Helmed ‘Shotgun’
- Greg Kinnear Attached To Star in Ken Kwapis’ ‘Piano Lessons’
- About 75% Of Screens Receive Movies Via Satellite, Digital Cinema Group Says
- Lionsgate Taps ‘Highlander’ Creator Gregory Widen To Script Film On First Black Samurai
- Connor Swindells Joins Gerard Butler & Peter Mullan In ‘Keepers’