Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘An Open Secret’ Trailer Released As Producers Stand By Claims From Accuser Convicted Of Fraud
- Mandy Moore To Star In Underwater Thriller ’47 Meters Down’
- Emily VanCamp Reprising Her Role As Agent 13 In ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- ‘Kevin Hart: What Now?’ Concert Film Slated For Release In 2016
- Terrence Malick Signs With LBI Entertainment’s Ilene Feldman
- Focus Features Wins Auction For Paul Tremblay Novel ‘A Head Full Of Ghosts’