Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest Film News
- Shonda Rhimes, Bryan Cranston & Dozens Of Other Celebrities Join Anti-Trump Campaign
- Oprah Winfrey To Star In ‘A Wrinkle In Time’, Re-Teaming With ‘Selma’ Helmer Ava DuVernay
- Louisiana Tax Incentive Cuts Create Hard Times For Local Film Crews
- ‘Nerve’ Review: Hey Kids, Don’t Try This At Home
- Pierce Brosnan Joins Scott Mann’s ‘Final Score’ With Dave Bautista
- Jacki Weaver, Robert Forster, Others Join E.L. Katz’s ‘Small Crimes’