Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Apocalypse' & 'Alice' Take A Dive On Saturday As Memorial Day B.O. Bloodbath Continues - Late Night Update
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest Film News
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response
- ‘Warcraft’ Builds $16.3M Overseas War Chest Through Friday – Intl B.O. Update
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Release Moved To 2018 As Dylan O’Brien Recovers