Paramount confirms that “an unusual accident” on the New Orleans set killed a crew member working on the set of the movie G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation on Tuesday. TMZ had the report first. The locally hired crew member Mike Huber apparently was working on tearing down the set with a high-powered scissor lift when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries. The studio statement says, “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member’s] family at this time. The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.” It was October 2010 when a stunt car accident went wrong and nearly killed a locally hired extra on the set of Paramount’s Transformers 3.
Film Crew Member Killed On 'G.I. Joe 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Latest Film News
- ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Super Bowl Trailer: Blue People Attack Each Other
- ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ Super Bowl Trailer
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2’ Super Bowl Trailer: No Sleep Til Brooklyn
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Super Bowl Teaser: Short, Sweet, Punching
- ‘The Jungle Book’ Super Bowl Spot: Multi-Media In The Rain Forest
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer: Kind Of Like ‘Close Encounters’?