EXCLUSIVE: Here is some good news and some bad news for Cougar Town fans who were outraged by the fact that the third-year comedy is missing from ABC’s midseason schedule released this afternoon. First, the bad news. Because Cougar Town is not on that schedule, meaning that it won’t launch before March, its full-season 22-episode order has been reduced to 15 episodes. Now the (semi-)good news. Rumor is that the series starring Courteney Cox will return in March, taking over the Tuesday 8:30 PM slot after Work It finishes its run. It would be paired with the Tim Allen starrer Last Man Standing.
'Cougar Town' Order Cut To 15 Episodes, Comedy Eyed For March Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series