EXCLUSIVE: The Closer veteran Corey Reynolds is moving to the broadcast side with a talent holding deal at NBC. I hear that Reynolds, who spent the past seven seasons playing Sgt. David Gabriel on TNT’s flagship drama The Closer, was offered to reprise his role on the upcoming spinoff Major Crimes but opted not to join the series starring Mary McDonnell. For his role on The Closer, Reynolds shared 5 drama series ensemble SAG nominations and received an Image Award nom. Reynolds, managed by New Wave, made his Broadway debut playing Seaweed in Hairspray, which earned him a Tony nomination and led to Steven Spielberg casting him in the 2004 film The Terminal, which marked Reynolds’ feature-film debut.
Corey Reynolds Signs Talent Deal With NBC, Won't Join 'The Closer' Spinoff On TNT
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- Eliza Dushku Joins CBS’ ‘Bull’ As Savvy Lawyer This Season & Maybe Next
- ‘Ink Master’ Renewed For Season 10 At Spike
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Genius’ & ‘Vietnam War’ Among Tribeca TV Fest Slate
- ‘The Knick’ Canceled After 2 Seasons As Cinemax Focuses On Action Dramas
- ‘Westworld’: Talulah Riley Promoted To Series Regular For Season 2 On HBO
- ‘Happy!’ Bobby Moynihan To Voice Title Character In Syfy Pilot