EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has ordered My Mans, a comedy presentation from the Chicago writing/acting team of Tim Robinson, Mark Raterman and Andy Miara. The three co-created and are writing/executive producing the project, which stars Robinson and Raterman as two best friends — one who is constantly getting into trouble, and the other who is always bailing him out. The narrative series offers a twist on sketch comedy as it weaves in and out of stand-alone sketches. Naomi Odenkirk and Mark Provissiero executive produce the presentation, which will be directed by Miara. Bob Odenkirk will consult, and Brooke Pobjoy will co-produce. The presentation order stems from a demo pilot Robinson, Raterman, and Miara made; it was featured at the 2010 New York TV Festival. The project’s history is reminiscent of that of FX’s It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which also started off as a video its three creators made together. CAA-repped Robinson, Raterman, and Miara are members of Chicago’s improv troupe the Cook County Social Club. Robinson is managed by Odenkirk Provissiero; Raterman and Miara by Media Talent Group.
Comedy Central Orders 'My Mans' Presentation From Chicago Comedy Trio
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment