EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has ordered My Mans, a comedy presentation from the Chicago writing/acting team of Tim Robinson, Mark Raterman and Andy Miara. The three co-created and are writing/executive producing the project, which stars Robinson and Raterman as two best friends — one who is constantly getting into trouble, and the other who is always bailing him out. The narrative series offers a twist on sketch comedy as it weaves in and out of stand-alone sketches. Naomi Odenkirk and Mark Provissiero executive produce the presentation, which will be directed by Miara. Bob Odenkirk will consult, and Brooke Pobjoy will co-produce. The presentation order stems from a demo pilot Robinson, Raterman, and Miara made; it was featured at the 2010 New York TV Festival. The project’s history is reminiscent of that of FX’s It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which also started off as a video its three creators made together. CAA-repped Robinson, Raterman, and Miara are members of Chicago’s improv troupe the Cook County Social Club. Robinson is managed by Odenkirk Provissiero; Raterman and Miara by Media Talent Group.
Comedy Central Orders 'My Mans' Presentation From Chicago Comedy Trio
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'