EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has ordered My Mans, a comedy presentation from the Chicago writing/acting team of Tim Robinson, Mark Raterman and Andy Miara. The three co-created and are writing/executive producing the project, which stars Robinson and Raterman as two best friends — one who is constantly getting into trouble, and the other who is always bailing him out. The narrative series offers a twist on sketch comedy as it weaves in and out of stand-alone sketches. Naomi Odenkirk and Mark Provissiero executive produce the presentation, which will be directed by Miara. Bob Odenkirk will consult, and Brooke Pobjoy will co-produce. The presentation order stems from a demo pilot Robinson, Raterman, and Miara made; it was featured at the 2010 New York TV Festival. The project’s history is reminiscent of that of FX’s It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which also started off as a video its three creators made together. CAA-repped Robinson, Raterman, and Miara are members of Chicago’s improv troupe the Cook County Social Club. Robinson is managed by Odenkirk Provissiero; Raterman and Miara by Media Talent Group.
Comedy Central Orders 'My Mans' Presentation From Chicago Comedy Trio
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.4M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later’ Trailer & Premiere Date: The Gang’s All Here — Again
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Movie To Start Production In 2018
- Samantha Bee Looks For All The Words Donald Trump And His Team Are Hiding
- ‘Really?! With Seth & Amy’: Meyers & Poehler Trash Trump/Caesar Protests On ‘Late Night’
- 'Fargo' EP Noah Hawley On Open-Ended Finale, Potential Season 4 & 'Cat's Cradle'
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’: First Poster Brings The Solitary Superheroes Together