EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has ordered My Mans, a comedy presentation from the Chicago writing/acting team of Tim Robinson, Mark Raterman and Andy Miara. The three co-created and are writing/executive producing the project, which stars Robinson and Raterman as two best friends — one who is constantly getting into trouble, and the other who is always bailing him out. The narrative series offers a twist on sketch comedy as it weaves in and out of stand-alone sketches. Naomi Odenkirk and Mark Provissiero executive produce the presentation, which will be directed by Miara. Bob Odenkirk will consult, and Brooke Pobjoy will co-produce. The presentation order stems from a demo pilot Robinson, Raterman, and Miara made; it was featured at the 2010 New York TV Festival. The project’s history is reminiscent of that of FX’s It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which also started off as a video its three creators made together. CAA-repped Robinson, Raterman, and Miara are members of Chicago’s improv troupe the Cook County Social Club. Robinson is managed by Odenkirk Provissiero; Raterman and Miara by Media Talent Group.
Comedy Central Orders 'My Mans' Presentation From Chicago Comedy Trio
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update