EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has ordered My Mans, a comedy presentation from the Chicago writing/acting team of Tim Robinson, Mark Raterman and Andy Miara. The three co-created and are writing/executive producing the project, which stars Robinson and Raterman as two best friends — one who is constantly getting into trouble, and the other who is always bailing him out. The narrative series offers a twist on sketch comedy as it weaves in and out of stand-alone sketches. Naomi Odenkirk and Mark Provissiero executive produce the presentation, which will be directed by Miara. Bob Odenkirk will consult, and Brooke Pobjoy will co-produce. The presentation order stems from a demo pilot Robinson, Raterman, and Miara made; it was featured at the 2010 New York TV Festival. The project’s history is reminiscent of that of FX’s It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which also started off as a video its three creators made together. CAA-repped Robinson, Raterman, and Miara are members of Chicago’s improv troupe the Cook County Social Club. Robinson is managed by Odenkirk Provissiero; Raterman and Miara by Media Talent Group.
Comedy Central Orders 'My Mans' Presentation From Chicago Comedy Trio
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes 70th Bash: "Cinema Is With Manchester" Says Fest Boss; Guillermo del Toro Talks "Monsters...In Post-Truth Age"
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Gets August Premiere Date On TNT
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Creative Team Talks Going Beyond The Book – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Laura Bell Bundy Joins ‘Good Behavior’; ‘Zoo’ Casts Delon de Metz