Early estimates from Warner Bros has J. Edgar bowing to a low-key but healthy midweek $53,000 in limited runs Wednesday in 7 theatres in 5 cities — LA, NY, Chicago, Washington DC, and San Francisco. That was good enough for 12th place at the slow North American box office, besting movies playing in thousands of locations. The Oscar-buzzed biopic starring Leonardo DiCaprio opens nationwide on Friday in 1,910 locations. Tracking has been strong for weeks, especially among adults.
Clint Eastwood's 'J. Edgar' Opens Strong
What's Hot on Deadline
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
'The Good Fight' Premiere: Showrunners On New Streaming Setup, Deleted Trump Scene, Alicia & Eli Possibly Coming Back
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards