Cineflix Studios, the scripted division of Canadian producer Cineflix Media, is opening a Los Angeles office with the hire of Playtone development executive Miura Kite as EVP. She will join on November 7 and report to Cinefix Studios president Christina Wayne. Two weeks ago, another Playtone executive, Peter Friedlander, landed a top acquisition post at Netflix. As Head of Development at Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman’s Playtone, Kite oversaw television and film projects. She was co-producer on HBO’s miniseries The Pacific and the upcoming film Game Change. She also served as development executive on Where The Wild Things Are, five seasons of the HBO series Big Love, Mamma Mia!, the miniseries John Adams, Charlie Wilson’s War, and The Polar Express. She previously worked for for Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella’s Mirage Enterprises and Jonathan Demme’s Clinica Estetico. Cineflix Studios’ first U.S. series, Copper, was greenlighted earlier this year by BBC America.
Cineflix Studios Hires LA Executive
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Marvel Confirms Mike Colter As Luke Cage In 'Jessica Jones' Netflix Series
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'