Cineflix Studios, the scripted division of Canadian producer Cineflix Media, is opening a Los Angeles office with the hire of Playtone development executive Miura Kite as EVP. She will join on November 7 and report to Cinefix Studios president Christina Wayne. Two weeks ago, another Playtone executive, Peter Friedlander, landed a top acquisition post at Netflix. As Head of Development at Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman’s Playtone, Kite oversaw television and film projects. She was co-producer on HBO’s miniseries The Pacific and the upcoming film Game Change. She also served as development executive on Where The Wild Things Are, five seasons of the HBO series Big Love, Mamma Mia!, the miniseries John Adams, Charlie Wilson’s War, and The Polar Express. She previously worked for for Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella’s Mirage Enterprises and Jonathan Demme’s Clinica Estetico. Cineflix Studios’ first U.S. series, Copper, was greenlighted earlier this year by BBC America.
Cineflix Studios Hires LA Executive
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- CBS’ Paired ‘The Big Bang Theory’ And ‘Sheldon’ Dominate Flat Thursday
- ‘Still The King’ Billy Ray Cyrus Comedy Series Canceled By CMT After 2 Seasons
- Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special Set For New Year’s Eve
- Adam McKay Reteams With Composer Nicholas Britell On Two Projects
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- ‘Nashville’ To End: Season 6 On CMT Will Be Country Drama Series’ Last