Cineflix Studios, the scripted division of Canadian producer Cineflix Media, is opening a Los Angeles office with the hire of Playtone development executive Miura Kite as EVP. She will join on November 7 and report to Cinefix Studios president Christina Wayne. Two weeks ago, another Playtone executive, Peter Friedlander, landed a top acquisition post at Netflix. As Head of Development at Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman’s Playtone, Kite oversaw television and film projects. She was co-producer on HBO’s miniseries The Pacific and the upcoming film Game Change. She also served as development executive on Where The Wild Things Are, five seasons of the HBO series Big Love, Mamma Mia!, the miniseries John Adams, Charlie Wilson’s War, and The Polar Express. She previously worked for for Sydney Pollack and Anthony Minghella’s Mirage Enterprises and Jonathan Demme’s Clinica Estetico. Cineflix Studios’ first U.S. series, Copper, was greenlighted earlier this year by BBC America.
Cineflix Studios Hires LA Executive
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign